03-09-2009 until 04-09-2050
Welcome to Club Polk - Forum Rules
You are here because of your interest in audio and Polk speakers. We would like to welcome you to our online community. These forums are dedicated to you.
Here are some rules to insure that our forums remain interesting, educational, and fun:
If you have a problem with another member's comments in a posted thread, DO NOT respond with any further comments that will aggravate the situation. Members have two options of recourse....
Reacting to a hostile post with more hostility puts YOU in jeopardy, and risks your account from being deleted. To be objective and fair about situations where forum members are attacking each other, BOTH members' accounts will be removed from our forum (and no, we don't care who started it).
- Email the moderators, directing them to the individual and thread that the problem occurs in.
- Resolve the problem between both of you via PERSONAL email.
Polk's Warning System...
The warning system is in place to ensure that the peace is kept. The offenses are as follows:
1st Offense: A private warning sent via PM
2st Offense: A public warning issued and the closing of the thread
3nd Offense: A 7 Day suspension from posting privileges
4th Offense: A 30 Day suspension from posting privileges
5th Offense: A LIFETIME BAN
The warnings have a one year shelf life. They will expire 1 year from the date of the initial warning.
*Polk Moderators can decide to skip the minor warnings and go directly to the lifetime ban based on severity of the offense.
1) Stick to the topic of the forum. This way information is easily categorized to make it easy for new members to access. Threads or posts that do not contain relevant information will be removed.
2) Trolling - members who make a conscious effort to inflame or irritate others will be subject to warnings and/or bans.
3) The discussion of politics and religion is irrelevant to good audio and is, therefore, not allowed on this forum.
4) Pornography and violent images are not allowed on this forum. This includes posts about weapons or explosives. Duh.
5) No baiting or fighting. Personal attacks, trouble making, inappropriate language, or any threatening or offensive behavior will not be tolerated.
6) No spam. Any member soliciting spam will be warned and/or banned
7) Do not brand bash. We're all in this together. Discuss what you like and dislike. But don't bash someone or something because you don't like it.
8) Be respectful of new members. If it was only you and me on this forum, we'd have no fun and the whole industry would collapse. The truth is that the world needs people like us to show them the way to great audio. Welcome the newbies. For they will encourage the next generation of audiophiles. You donít want to be the last audiophile, do you?
9) Forum rules & guidelines are not up for debate. This is not a democracy, but rather a private forum owned by Polk Audio. Anyone openly debating the rules we have set in place will be removed.