03-09-2009 until 04-09-2050
Welcome to Club Polk - Forum Rules
You are here because of your interest in audio and Polk speakers. We would like to welcome you to our online community. These forums are dedicated to you.
Here are some rules to insure that our forums remain interesting, educational, and fun:
If you have a problem with another member's comments in a posted thread, DO NOT respond with any further comments that will aggravate the situation. Members have two options of recourse....
Reacting to a hostile post with more hostility puts YOU in jeopardy, and risks your account from being deleted. To be objective and fair about situations where forum members are attacking each other, BOTH members' accounts will be removed from our forum (and no, we don't care who started it).
- Email the moderators, directing them to the individual and thread that the problem occurs in.
- Resolve the problem between both of you via PERSONAL email.
Polk's Warning System...
The warning system is in place to ensure that the peace is kept. The offenses are as follows:
1st Offense: A private warning sent via PM
2st Offense: A public warning issued and the closing of the thread
3nd Offense: A 7 Day suspension from posting privileges
4th Offense: A 30 Day suspension from posting privileges
5th Offense: A LIFETIME BAN
The warnings have a one year shelf life. They will expire 1 year from the date of the initial warning.
*Polk Moderators can decide to skip the minor warnings and go directly to the lifetime ban based on severity of the offense.
1) Stick to the topic of the forum. This way information is easily categorized to make it easy for new members to access. Threads or posts that do not contain relevant information will be removed.
2) Trolling - members who make a conscious effort to inflame or irritate others will be subject to warnings and/or bans.
3) The discussion of politics and religion is irrelevant to good audio and is, therefore, not allowed on this forum.
4) Pornography and violent images are not allowed on this forum. This includes posts about weapons or explosives. Duh.
5) No baiting or fighting. Personal attacks, trouble making, inappropriate language, or any threatening or offensive behavior will not be tolerated.
6) No spam. Any member soliciting spam will be warned and/or banned
7) Do not brand bash. We're all in this together. Discuss what you like and dislike. But don't bash someone or something because you don't like it.
8) Be respectful of new members. If it was only you and me on this forum, we'd have no fun and the whole industry would collapse. The truth is that the world needs people like us to show them the way to great audio. Welcome the newbies. For they will encourage the next generation of audiophiles. You donít want to be the last audiophile, do you?
9) Forum rules & guidelines are not up for debate. This is not a democracy, but rather a private forum owned by Polk Audio. Anyone openly debating the rules we have set in place will be removed.
02-14-2006 until 03-17-2029
Selling Guidelines / Rules of Reply
First, a little disclaimer about the buying / selling process:
Polk Audio is not responsible for any of the sales that go in within these areas. All sales are at your own risk.
Do your research about an individual before buying anything. Check to see if they have positive feedback on this list:|
Good Polk Forum buyers and sellers...THE LIST
This is a private area for Polk owners to sell speakers and equipment to other members of the "Polk Community". This is not a place to make BIG BUCKS. Please follow the guidelines for posting a new "For Sale" item. All members should respect those selling on this site and follow the "Rules of Reply". Any violation will be removed and you will no longer be able to post in the "Flea Market".
Just to be clear: Anyone who breaks the "Rules of Reply" of this forum will be banned from the Flea Market.
If you are not at all interested in buying an item that someone is selling, DO NOT post a reply. All violators of this rule will be banned from this section of the site.
This is NOT an auction site (like ebay, Audiogon, etc.) so if you are looking for secret "bids" your item will be removed.
Note: Besides #1 & #2, the rest of these are just guidelines to make the sale easier.
- You must have a total post count of 25 (contribute to the other parts of the forum) before you can sell anything in the "For Sale (FS) Classifieds" or "Garage Sale" forums.
- List a price you wish to sell the item (include shipping costs). All members asking for secret bids (like ebay) will have their items removed.
- A price + OBO (or best offer) is OK. Please handle "best offers" through private messages.
- Post pictures of equipment with manual cords, etc..
- Give approximate age of item you are selling.
- State whether you are original owner.
- State condition of equipment (be honest if there is damage).
- Once the sale is complete, please post "SOLD" at the beginning or end of your thread.
Rules of Reply
- DO NOT post a reply unless you are interested in purchasing the item
- The seller has the right to ask any price he wants. If you don't like it, don't post a reply and the thread will die by itself, or make a "best offer" through a private message.
- If you are interested, you may ask any question that is unclear from the original post
- ALL price "negotiation" (shipping costs, trades, best offers, deals, WHATEVER) MUST be handle through private messages
- If you are NOT interested in buying the product, DON'T reply to the post or you will be banned from the Flea Market (just making sure you got that part)