PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts about JBL Synthesis 3?

DVOuSS
05-21-2011, 10:33 PM
I have a chance to steal a JBL Synthesis 3 system for a very low price but I don't have much knowledge of the Synthesis line and my research is coming up cold...any help would be appreciated.

Monster Jam
05-22-2011, 02:35 PM
JBL is a solid brand, and Synthesis a very good line.
Can't go wrong with JBL.

DVOuSS
05-22-2011, 02:38 PM
Thanks for your input...im on my way to pick them up now

DVOuSS
05-23-2011, 08:01 PM
picked up the jbls...all four amps only produce static and popping, gonna have to send them to the shop, but picked another xpa5 to sub for now...this is what I got...

2 Each S3M Front Surround
2 Each S3S Front Subs
2 Each S2A Rear Surround
1 Each S3HC Front Center Channel
2 Each One Fifty Powered 2 Channel AMPS
2 Each Three Hundred Powered AMPS
1 Each S3-SPP Sound Processor

As well the following Equipment.
1 Each Parasound AV2500 Receiver
Sony ES components.
DVD
CD
Tape Deck
VCR
Multi Disc CD Player

for $700...i think the speakers alone are worth that, the amps wilkl just be a bonus after I get them fixed

mantis
05-23-2011, 09:02 PM
JBL Synthesis is one of the very top home theater packages you can get. It brings a life like theater experience into your home.
If I'm reading this correctly , you got the entire system for 700.00?
Even if you have to get the amps repaired (wondering if a lightning strike or some kinda surge) this system is well worth investing in repairing.
TO benefit from this system , you should seriously consider a dedicated room. They are well worth it and the experience will only heighten.

I have the JBL Synthesis system in my sights for down the road. I would love to do a dedicated room with them. Incredible system man. Congrads.

DVOuSS
05-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Yeah I got a whole Jeep Commander full of stuff...the system is a synthesis 3 but it is an older model with older amps...not sure of the worth because its hard to find info about it other than the manuals...the picture with the components is all stuff that I am going to sell but I don't have enough posts yet...

Monster Jam
05-23-2011, 11:22 PM
"do not touch knobs"

Something about that sticker strikes my funny bone. :)

JimAckley
05-23-2011, 11:37 PM
I can't believe you got a Synthesis system for 700. I've always been a big JBL fan and have been drooling over that lineup since they first announced it many years ago. Let us know when you get it running!

cnh
05-23-2011, 11:44 PM
picked up the jbls...all four amps only produce static and popping, gonna have to send them to the shop, but picked another xpa5 to sub for now...this is what I got...

2 Each S3M Front Surround
2 Each S3S Front Subs
2 Each S2A Rear Surround
1 Each S3HC Front Center Channel
2 Each One Fifty Powered 2 Channel AMPS
2 Each Three Hundred Powered AMPS
1 Each S3-SPP Sound Processor

As well the following Equipment.
1 Each Parasound AV2500 Receiver
Sony ES components.
DVD
CD
Tape Deck
VCR
Multi Disc CD Player

for $700...i think the speakers alone are worth that, the amps wilkl just be a bonus after I get them fixed

Congrats! Nice HT system there. Great price!!

I still run a set of JBL studios from the mid-80s (a good period for them) in one two channel system and will probably keep them forever.

Enjoy!

cnh

DVOuSS
08-31-2011, 05:30 PM
evidently the "popping" and static i heard was because of the gold behind the gain knobs being almost twenty years old and oxidized. Got some cleaner from radio shack, cleaned them, good as new. Replaced my XPA with the four jbl amps, I have to say, it sounds soooooo much better. I am by far not a professional, but I believe the Emotiva was too much wattage for the S3S Subs, with the lower wattage from the JBL S300 amps the bass is stronger and more defined with no distortion. I had contemplated selling the speakers and making a little extra, but there is no way I am getting rid of this system now.

Upstatemax
08-31-2011, 07:00 PM
Very nice! :cool:

Nothing like killer audio deals. That's why I keep my eye on my local CL ALL the time...

deronb1
08-31-2011, 07:55 PM
Congrats! Great score! Not to be rude, but I am looking to add an amp to my system. Are you going to hold on to the XPA?

deronb1
08-31-2011, 08:53 PM
sorry bout that last post. Thought the JBL stuff were amps.

DVOuSS
09-03-2011, 01:48 PM
actually i am selling one of the XPA-5s now that I got the JBL amps working, i just can't post in the for sale forum on account of my low post count.