View Full Version : DIY Restoration Project
09-26-2005, 02:56 PM
I've had this Pioneer CT-F900 cassette deck for about 20 years in a box in the basement. I finally got the urge to buy all new rubber for it (belts, bands, o-rings, brakes and pulleys) and do a restoration project. Of course I lubricated and re-alligned the heads etc while I had it apart. The unit looks and operates like a new machine now. It was a lot of fun!
09-26-2005, 03:05 PM
Where did you get all your stuff to do the rehab? I need to do the same for my CT-F650. It drags when starting up and new belts are in order. It plays great once it gets going.
09-26-2005, 03:07 PM
Hmm...never thought of using Jose Cuervo as a cleaning agent.....
09-26-2005, 03:15 PM
I ordered a kit of the rubber parts awhile back from a guy on ebay. Just search for "pioneer belt" or your model. No need to do it right now, I just tried but you can find them somewhere. It took me about 6 hours to do mine but I did a lot of cleaning and stuff.
10-02-2005, 01:18 PM
I did the same restore on my ct f1250, I also have a ct f850 that needs a break down and the same treatment. The hardest part is going to be getting the old belt out of the machine as it is meltdown condition right now and will be a real mess to deal with. I will say that the 1250 was a friggin bear to work on.
10-02-2005, 03:35 PM
I will say that the 1250 was a friggin bear to work on.
This one is just like the 1250 on the insides. Yep, bear describes it. By the time I was done I was quite irritable. It is so rewarding when completed though.
10-02-2005, 03:43 PM
wow very nice work!
Congrats on a job well done
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.6 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.