View Full Version : Tweeter noise
12-15-2002, 12:03 PM
I know I dont have blown tweeters, I can only hear this when theres no music, and if I switch the mains to the surrounds, the noise is gone - its like a light treble noise that comes off and on - on the tweeters. Newayz, what do yall think is the problem? i cant really describe the noise....but do you know what the problem is?
12-15-2002, 02:45 PM
R(adio) F(requency) I(nterferance) would be my guess. Shielded cables might solve this.
Or it might be a noisy amp/preamp. Does it go away with no source selected? With no source selected, if you turn up the volume, does the noise increase?
12-15-2002, 04:22 PM
the noise sounds the same at ne volume, it also does this on my mains 2 klh'
12-15-2002, 06:18 PM
amp hum ro rfi or a bad ground a ad ground will do that too
12-16-2002, 03:42 AM
You could take it down to the basic.
1. Disconnect all equipment and antennae
2. Use the shortest speaker wire. 2ft per will suffice.
3. Connect a piece of wire from phono ground to known ground.
4. Listen to CD (no source) is hum/hiss present?
5. If yes, then the noise is probably within your components and it's something you must live with.
6. If not, then reconnecting your stuff with a listen between each step should be your answer.
7. If it's still isn't present until you disconnect the ground I'd consider a 3 prong plug.
Good luck! Let us know how things pan out as I'm sure others can benefit.
12-16-2002, 08:49 AM
ill do all that when i get my new set of wires for christmas, but I know it isnt just one source. IE: it does it on all formats.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.6 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.