Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801
Would like to send you the .pdf for the Audiocontrol Richterscale 3*. Don't know how. Click on the link below.
* do not confuse the RS 2 or the original RS w/this model
Remove the A7 LP filtering. Change the RS XO frequency to 120hz or so and you can tweek to your hearts content. I strongly recommend no boosting below 50hz because they're ported. Feel free to put out feelers for why.
BTW I've had one of these for years - part of my solution for the issues of these otherwise great sounding speakers!
stay tuned cheers tony
Upgraded AR 12ga OFC over weekend; 100+ hours on them. Listened to same Donald Fagen/Steely Dan tracks when first I cranked them up about 5 weeks ago. Noticably softer w/reduced brightness at the same volume levels (loud!).
Couldn't make time to do full mid/tweet bi-amp tonight. Did do the following:
Playing Steely Dan track 4 times. (Kid Charlemenge)
1. Right side, mid alone full range; left side as Polk built it w/pillow over the tweeter: little difference; right side fractionally softer
2. right side-4 order active LP @ 2.2K; left-same. Big difference; way cleaner
3. Right side @ 2.8K; left: as above. As clean, w/ more top end (of course)
4. Right side @ 3.5K; left: as above. As clean, still more top (of course)
Will try full blown bi-amp w/both channel to confirm above results.
Otherwise my conclusion: Either upgrade caps or bi-amp the mid/tweeter.
Stay tuned. Cheers tony
goto these links/threads 4 some new info