Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

Conversation Between zingo and sluffsmith

3 Visitor Messages

1. Thanks for the reply. I am definitely interesting in the option of having the fans not run unless needed. Cus it will be used mainly in my house. When ever you get the details I would appreciate it.

I will concentrate on fixing the fan motors first, cuz I assume it the amp has them it is because it needs them and I don't feel comfortable pushing it until I have fixed the fans and am sure I will not burn it up.

Thanks again for the information!!

Stew
  2. I don't have any information on the fans as I never had to touch them. I don't remember exactly where I put the thermal switch in the case, but locate where the opamps are and just install it there with a little thermal paste. I would let the amp run for a few minutes and figure out exactly where the amp gets the warmest and put it there. Next time I can pop the top on the amp, I'll look and see what the temp on the switch is; maybe 35c?
  3. I just bought a PM1201. One of the fans is dead and the other is loud as heck. I see you have a solution for load fans (thermal sensor to control the fans). Can I get some information on how to modify the fans control as you did. If you have details on the fans themselves so I can replace them, that would be awesome.

Thanks for the help.
    stew
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3