Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

Rockford Audio Society

1. heiney9
    Ricardo, I'll sell it to you for $425 plus shipping :D:p.

I should know by Friday fo' sure
  2. dkg999
    I think he should try flat speakers next :D:p
  3. heiney9
    Ricardo--I sent George a PM asking to hold it for me, but if he has other serious offers I asked him to bypass me and give you first right of refusual as I don't want my indecisiveness to hold you up if you really, really want it.
  4. heiney9
    I think he should try flat speakers next

Doug, I think you'll be amazed at the sound of the SDA's with the Aleph and Dodd. Very, very, very open and they disappear........the first thing that comes to mind were your Maggies. Obviously not exactly like the Maggies...........but very eerry how the boxes totally (well 90%) disappeared from the room.
  5. dkg999
    That's very cool!
  6. Ricardo
    Everyone should own a pair of SDA's

(A pair of CRS+'s to swap with your main/good speakers once in a while).

:p:p:p
  7. Ricardo
    Ricardo--I sent George a PM asking to hold it for me, but if he has other serious offers I asked him to bypass me and give you first right of refusual as I don't want my indecisiveness to hold you up if you really, really want it.

Thanks Brock; I really, really should not buy it. It would probably be sitting in a closet until I finally set up that M7's rig (instead of making your system shine). I know it is a great pre because I heard it at Noel's (with a couple of ASL 20's powering Rich's 7A's). It sounded extremely good.
    I don't want to even try it in my main rig because I know it will make me want to go back to a tubed pre, and it would need to be balanced and with a remote. I already spent way too much in the Marantz and I haven't even sold the Dynaudios!!!!
  8. heiney9
    I'll do some comparing and then let you know. I shouldn't be buying anything either as I've pretty much spent my wad too.
  9. heiney9
    I hate this hobby. I must have just blown something up..............not sure what but I went to switch the Dodd in and it's pulsing so I shut it off and when I did as the caps discharge my speakers go nuts and now only the SDA array of the L puts out any sound.

WTF. Doesn't matter which pre I use, still the same. The Aleph has no fuses or any other protection as it's impervious to changing source or a direct short while powered on.

I'm at a loss right now. I guess I'll put the Marsh in and see what happens. I bet I blew some caps or drivers up in my SDA's.

Not sure what else it could be. Fu$King tube gear. I guess you're not supposed to turn the Dodd off first.

FAAK
  10. Ricardo
    Sorry to hear that Brock; hope it's nothing major.

What a week!!!!!