Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

Rockford Audio Society

1. daboyz
    Well if it is one of the IC's then I'll just trade you for a set that's in my cdp
  2. Lowell_M
    Ahhh.. Frank would stand behind them. Just call him up and send them back.
  3. heiney9
    That's fine, but I don't want you to be out a set of I/C's. I just think it's better if the "original" owner gets the ball rolling. I'm sure Frank won't have an issue at all with replacing them.

I'll try them in the office rig and see if the same thing happens. I wish I would have paid attention to which one it was (black or red)

Everything is back to normal now......except even with the good I/C's the Dodd wouldn't work. I bet I didn't let it warm up enough.
  4. Lowell_M
    These recent threads have convinced me to stay away from tubes!! My better half would blow something up!!!
  5. heiney9
    $102.51 to replace (2) $5 caps on the main board of the NAK. $86 for labor . George tells me he has another Dodd ELP with 2 inputs and his brother has and ELP with external PS. Sounded like they were FS as well.

Very damn tempting.........we'll see how the NAK does against the Dodd.
  6. heiney9
    Think I'm going to call it a night.............I have a slight headache from all the aggravation and it's not helping my listening experience at all.
  7. Lowell_M
    I would have done it for you for $50. Its only been 12 years since I soldered on a board. heh heh...right. You are paying for piece of mind, I think, knowing that you should be in good shape now.
  8. SCompRacer
    These recent threads have convinced me to stay away from tubes!! My better half would blow something up!!!

Dear wife thinks my system is way too complicated to mess with. Plug in two power cords into wall outlet. Turn on source, turn on pre, flip mute switch off. Set pre selector to CD. Set active crossover….that is what she doesn’t like. "You mean I have to make three different selections with this remote and make the numbers on that tiny digital display move to these settings…..….before I can hear music?" Yes dear...:p:D

If I left the active crossover plugged in all the time, it would retain its settings. After a freak lightning ground strike one December, no way do I leave my main two channel gear plugged in the wall.
  9. Ricardo
    Well, the good news is that the speakers are ok; Frank will for sure replace the IC's.
  10. dkg999
    Wow, I've never heard of that kind of sudden problem with an IC? If the Dodd was pulsing I wonder if all the gear changing caused something to short out in the IC. I'm not sure how much circuit protection is built into the Dodd ELP, I think it's pretty basic circuitry. Let me know if it doesn't work, not sure if it could of taken out a tube or something in the circuits with a short in the IC.