Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

Rockford Audio Society

1. SCompRacer
    Ran out of room.

I really don't care which speaker anyone prefers. It is just nice to see them not so easily dismissed. It is also nice to see Roger getting some respect for his near lifetime of involvement in audio. After all, he did create the first curved ESL panel but decided flat was where it's at. You would be amazed at the length and depths of emails I have from him helping me solve problems with older InnerSound gear..or try and convince me tube gear is evil with their distortion....:D
  2. Ricardo
    That is going to be an interesting comparison; you are very lucky to be invited!!! Is there going to be any audio press there?

Don't get $8,000 amps in your house; the RAS is going through a curse that affects loaned/new gear!!!!!!
  3. Ricardo
    Today (left it off all night) the Marantz is reading everything. I guess I could turn everything off daily.
  4. SCompRacer
    That is going to be an interesting comparison; you are very lucky to be invited!!!

I agree. I keep a low profile over there. I may dispel some untruths about my speakers, support the ModWright and Sanders amp crowd, share the love for stats. He has the speakers until the Chicago Audio Society meeting on the 15th. He scheduled Saturday and Sunday visits for the forum members that wished to hear the speakers.

Is there going to be any audio press there?

RAS press!:D None that I am aware of. The CAS guys were over there already. Not sure if they will have any press at their meeting. Their site isnít up to date, and the CAS guy I emailed about the meeting wasnít even aware Roger was going to be there. Hopefully Doug will be able to attend that with me.

Don't get $8,000 amps in your house; the RAS is going through a curse that affects loaned/new gear!!!!!!

So true! WE could test Rogers lifetime transferrable warranty!:D
  5. SCompRacer
    Today (left it off all night) the Marantz is reading everything. I guess I could turn everything off daily.

Bizarre! I like the self healing feature though.

Brock had brought over a CD-R with demo tracks. Prior to, my Sony had read every CD-R I put into it. Until THAT CD. It kind of freaked the thing out, and I recall shutting it off and restarting it to get it to read the other CD-R he brought.

Another strange occurrence here (not Brock related):D was when I was using Norm’s active crossover bass amp. You might recall there is a digital readout on the front panel. The numbers started to freak out, running up and down from 1 to 99 and back, and my hand was no where near the remote. The volume, bass/midbass didn't change; it sounded the same. It was possessed! I unplugged it for a while and after restart, it never happened again.
  6. daboyz
    The Dodd,Marsh and MIT's played very well together. Never had a problem and they sounded just fine.
  7. heiney9
    I'm looking for an old "crank style" Victrola......................'eff electricity and Ben Franklin :D
  8. dkg999
    I'm looking for an old "crank style" Victrola......................'eff electricity and Ben Franklin

There was one at the antique market by where you used to work! It was there a couple of months ago, and in good shape. I briefly considered it as something that would be cool to have in the future audio room, however I then came to my senses and realized I could buy another amp or something for that kind of money!
  9. heiney9
    came to my senses

No such thing is this hobby.

Rich, that's cool as ML fans are really, really dedicated and very closed minded. Mr. Sanders deserves a little recognition for his contributions. I wish I could make it Sunday as these types of things are nice to attend to get a little different experience and perspective.

Tentatively on Sunday my brother and the "other" Aaron are coming over the hear the Aleph but Blake (my bro) is bringing another friend who we are slowly setting the audio trap for eternity. He has Vandersteens and is a vinyl guy but uses a receiver and he wants to move to some seperates-----2 channel all the way!! Maybe a new RAS member too!!!
  10. heiney9
    Just as a courtesy and heads up I'm getting ready to move some gear thought I'd give everyone here a little advanced notice

Nak CR1A cassette deck
    Nak MB2s music bank cdp
    Adcom GFA 545 amp

If there's any interest let me know. I'll probably be posting them in the FM Sunday or Monday. I am the original owner of all 3 pieces.