Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

Rockford Audio Society

1. ALL212
    So can you tell us where you are now employed?

Sure...I'm working for Todd now, Anderson Computer Services - some of you met him. Same stuff, different station but only one boss now - can't believe how much less stress there is! :)

I think I saw A2 downtown in a pink skirt and heels

As Blake mentioned that is my normal night job - has nothing to do with this change in day jobs! Hard to keep my stereo plan moving along on just one income. :p (I look my best in pink but those damn heels are hard to find in a 9.5 wide. )

and I made a wrong turn!

Ah...not what I heard! ;)

may have to call in some tech support on the ASIO driver

Blake - all yours. I'm not using any of that yet on my system, just headphones and I've not used MM...so....CLUELESS!!
  2. heiney9
    What is the advantage to the ASIO drivers?

ASIO bypasses the normal audio path from the user application through layers of intermediary Windows operating system software, so that the application connects directly to the soundcard hardware. Each layer that is bypassed means a reduction in latency (the delay between an application sending audio information and it being reproduced by the soundcard, or input signals from the soundcard being available to the application). In this way ASIO offers a relatively simple way of accessing multiple audio inputs and outputs independently. Its main strength lies in its method of bypassing the inherently high latency and poor-quality mixing and sample rate conversion of Windows audio mixing kernels (KMixer), allowing direct, high speed communication with audio hardware.
  3. heiney9
    ......cont

Unlike KMixer, an unmixed ASIO output is "bit identical" or "bit transparent", that is, the bits sent to the soundcard are identical to those of the original source, thus having higher audio fidelity.
  4. dkg999
    Brock - I was experimenting with the MediaMonkey Direct to Sound Card output option last night and it seems to make a very noticeable improvement in the SQ. I'm not sure if it is something similar to ASIO or not. It was late and I didn't have time to do any research on it. I have to say this PC audio stuff is intriguing. So many options, so much information, etc. it makes debates over cables pretty boring!
  5. LessisNevermore
    Thanks Brock, that's exactly the kind of description I was looking for. I've used it for years with the ProTools rig, but there was sooo many other things to learn in order to use the program, ASIO was a pretty minor subject. Basically, you made sure you had the latest drivers, and that it was selected for use.

6. Ricardo
    Good bye RTi8's, Hello RTA 15 TL's

:D :D :D

7. dkg999
    Ricardo - very nice! I hope that hammock isn't the spare bedroom! The dog doesn't seem too impressed with the upgrade.

Brock, et al ....... finally got the ASIO plug-in to work with Media Monkey tonight. Not sure what I did wrong before? I must not of muttered the right chinese phrase.
  8. dkg999
    I just want to say that the new series of Cambridge Audio integrated amps has a much more weighty SQ than the previous series. Very much improved! I have the Azur 550A and it will really surprise you for a low priced integrated amp!
  9. blakeh
    It's been a while since I've setup ASIO (and it's hard to do remote tech support) but I'll try to answer whatever questions I can.

Doug, I'll have to get over to your place to see your PC audio setup. Sounds like you are on the right track!
  10. comfortablycurt
    Ricardo-Congrats!!! I'd love to get my ears on some of the RTA's...I've never heard any. The RTA11TL's and RTA15TL's are some of the best looking vintage Polk's IMO...very sexy styling. I definitely plan on adding a pair of one of those two to my collection someday.

I bet those blow your RTi8's out of the water!! They look like they're in fantastic shape too!