Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

Rockford Audio Society

1. daboyz
    Hey Rich! Life's OK. Wifey is still uber depressed so day to day I'm not sure what I'm going to get. We'll get there. Thanks for asking.

A2 - If it's dessicant you need I can start saving bags at work. We throw away quite a bit. I would definitely use it if there is any chance of dampness.
  2. ALL212
    That would be most cool Dave Please do!!
  3. SCompRacer
    I hear you Dave. All you can do is hang in there.
  4. dkg999
    A2 - I use those big boxes of dessicant you get at the gun store for firearm safes. You can take them out and put them in the oven at 200 degrees for a couple of hours to dry them back out. I had three of them in the metal cabinet I was using to store spare gear in and they seemed to work great. I really try to avoid wrapping things up tightly with plastic because once the moisture gets inside it cannot get back out.
  5. ALL212
    Anyone used an inexpensive headphone amp? I've got a nice pair of Seinheisers but no where to use them anymore.
  6. SCompRacer
    You are looking for an inexpensive headphone amp? Wonder if diyaudio would mention a kit or plans for one.
  7. ALL212
    Hadn't thought of doing my own - but that would give me a winter project. Doesn't have to be killer, my headphones are the 590's, good but not great.
  8. SCompRacer
    You could PM Fred, FTGV, and ask him. Tell him that butthead Rich referred you. He is always building things and has his fingers on the pulse of the DIY community. His approach is you don't have to spend big bucks to get big performance.

I checked ebay for headphone amp kits and most are fom China. Fred has bought some kits from ebay, but I am not sure from where they originated.
  9. ALL212
  10. heiney9
    Fred is the man, he's the one who basically mentored myself and George Daniel on the Adcom dac we modded. All the selections were based on Fred's suggestions after looking at the schematic.

Dave, I found my old RAZR V3m cell phone. It's yours if it will work for you, just have to come get it.