Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

Rockford Audio Society

1. Lowell_M
    I'm giddy with anticipation of the Aleph. ...And if we decide we like the EMO... keep it to yourself and the day never happened... and we don't know LessisNevermore.
  2. heiney9
    Well, showdown is a bit of competitive word. I look forward to hearing the Emo and I'm always up for Adcom. I'll bring the Aleph and perhaps Doug's Marsh if it's still here. And I'll bring a variety of music. I'll bring some DVD's.......
  3. Lowell_M
    :) I always think competetively... I need to learn to just enjoy stuff.... REgarding variety of music... I am also interested in finding some new tunes. I am WAY bored with the music I'm listening to right now. I only have a select group of CD's that make it into my Rotel CD player because everything else sounds like crap on that rig.
  4. Lowell_M
    It might be interesting to play the Marsh again compared to the EMO And Aleph, etc.
  5. heiney9
    There is one area of the Aleph I'm undecided on and I'm not sure if it's the nature of the load the SDA's present with the multiple small drivers and big PR or a nature of single ended amps. So getting my ears on another set of speakers will help me determine if the issue is amp related, room related, source related or a little of all 3.

See what you guys think. It's certainly not a deal breaker by any means, but one area I haven't quite resolved where the issue is.
  6. Ricardo
    What do you mean? What's the issue?
  7. heiney9
    Ricardo, I can't let the cat out of the bag.......I don't want any preconceived notions happening before others get a listen. I have been know to make these types of issues up :D:D. Plus none of the reviewers or owners have ever mentioned this being the slightest issue.

I do know one thing because of the sweetness of this amp I listen louder than ever and my ears are ringing a little right now..........from shear SPL not fatigue. With the Rat Shack meter hitting 92-93dB pretty consistently.
  8. comfortablycurt
    Well, it turns out that I'm going to be out of town that weekend anyway. So now I won't feel so left out...lol

My parents, my brother and I are going down to Kentucky for that weekend and staying at my grandpas house. They got some bad ice storms down there a couple weeks ago, and he has a bunch of tree work that we're going to do for him. He has a 3 acre property, and I guess stuff blew down all over on it.

It'll be nice to see him, we barely ever get to.:)
  9. heiney9
    Curt, once you get your license back on track you'll be here for the next one.
  10. comfortablycurt
    Yep, I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully I should be getting it all squared away in the next few weeks.

It'll be nice to go and see my Grandpa though, I barely ever get to see him, so it should be a good time. He's really into old radios and has a decent collection of vintage stereo equipment, so I may get to do some demoing of my own anyway.:)