Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

Rockford Audio Society

1. SCompRacer
    I read the white paper after I bought it...some outside of the DAC box thinking went into it.
    http://www.esstech.com/PDF/sabrewp.pdf

Another thing is some DAC chips can be configured as voltage or current output. Twisted Pear claims the ESS Sabre32 as voltage output DAC is ordinary, but as current output it is stellar. TP really went after powering the DAC chip to make it better (four shunting modules on it). Another thing is I spent quite a lot to get another 10-15% in sonics. A single build does get you most of the way there.

If you check out the digital section at diyAudio, you'll see most folks going the USB/I2S route with most DAC builds regardless of chip type. I2S separates data from clock where with SPDIF clock is embedded with data. Some folks are even re-clocking the I2S signal at the DAC end for even less jitter.
  2. ALL212
    Do you mean the ES9018 chip or som other ESS chip?

And I'm a bit limited by my source!
  3. SCompRacer
    The 9018 is an improved version of the 9008 chip; the white paper still applies.
  4. SCompRacer
    Merry Christmas all! As usual, I gots to work tonight.....
  5. dkg999
    Merry Christmas to all! Spending the holiday in sunny Phoenix AZ at my parent's house.
  6. ALL212
    Merry Christmas and to all a good night!

7. agfrost
    Merry Christmas, gentlemen. (I can call you that one night a year, perhaps?) The children are snug in their wee little beds.

Hope you're getting double-time, Rich.
  8. heiney9
    Merry Christmas to all.
  9. daboyz
    Hope ya'll had a nice Christmas. I was extremely busy. Glad it's over.
  10. ALL212
    Anyone worked with Audio Consultants out of the Chicago area? Magnepan has a bass panel now and they have a try it for free program but you go through your local dealer to get them. Local dealer gets your credit card and Magnepan ships the panel to your home. If this happens I'll let you guys know so we can have a listen.

Just wondering...