Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

Rockford Audio Society

1. heiney9
    Much cleaner Rich, and better to look at.
  2. SCompRacer
    Thanks Brock...there was some scary things too...lol

Mostly done, need a couple of things, minor tidying. I powered it up and no smoke or flames. I redid all the power wiring. It's a $400 pre now.

PS before....

PS now. I gotta get some tranny mount hardware. Not a fan of bailing wire tranny mounting... I cut the long leads under PS board and ditched the gause plastic (insulator?) under it. I only ran one pos and neg power wire in umbilical instead of two each. That freed up a pin for chassis to chassis ground.

I only connected one pair of balanced and SE outputs. Two XLR and four SE inputs.

3. ALL212
    Very nice!!

Rich - I've got some maple for you but it needs to be cut down. My bro has got his band saw set now so he can shave down to 1/8" very accurately. I've got a 7' x 8" x 3/4" board that's been planed down. So - I've got the wood and the means to get it to whatever size you want. Whatcha wanna do next? I can send you pics if you'd like.
  4. SCompRacer
    Thanks! I got brave and stuck it in the upstairs rig. Works, sounds pretty good. Quiet with no music playing, changing sources. Attenuator a little noisy when changing volume, but no nasty speaker killing spikes. Doesn't beat up the Krell though.

Aaron, thats great news! 1/8" might be too thin? Maybe 3/16" to 1/4"? I'll have to re-measure....recall 3" wide. Is this Maple like the Maple you supplied for the arm boards? A pic would be great!
  5. ALL212
    78"x10"x3/4", just a bit of spalting

Middle

Bottom
  6. SCompRacer
    Looks good! I'm in, send me an invoice....installation available?

3" wide. 1/4" thick? I'll need like 54", 76" if I do the back. It measures ~ 22" wide, 16" deep (sides). It may not be exactly square, so I may have to stray from 45 degree cuts where the corners meet. I guess grind to bare wood and glue? Double sided foam tape?
  7. ALL212
    Do you want me to just make 3" x 1/4" strips? Then you can cut to whatever length you want to? There's some knots and other imperfections but enough clear wood to make quite a few very nice cuts and get plenty of length. Otherwise we can drive up to Lake Geneva and just do it! Not sure how you'll attach - best would be to rough up the surface and try to glue it.
  8. SCompRacer
    Yes, 3" x 1/4" strips would be great. I should be able to round up a cut off saw here or take a trip up to Doug's Custom Builders. I had a beaut but sold it after I finished lower level and said no more of that! I got a router and rounder bit to do the edges. I figure I'll finish the edges, attach, sand corners as needed and finish. I suppose I should match them to the arm boards. Just water base poly them, semi gloss IIRC. If I tint/stain I'll have to pull arm boards off and do them.
  9. ALL212
    Should be cutting this coming Sunday - I'll send some pics when we're done. We'll cut 3" x 1/4" no shorter than 16" - hopefully most will be over 22". I won't cut any to length.
  10. SCompRacer
    Kewl! If they are shorter than 22" we'd have to splice....or whack some off the end of table. We could trough the sides but worry about paint flaking off at the bevel.

I'd love to come watch this happen but best stay home this weekend. The mil survived her ankle/leg surgery so my trip is still on, be gone the next one.