Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

Rockford Audio Society

1. SCompRacer
    You geek!

Thinkin of hosting a get together in June. Like a Saturday, like 15th or 22nd.
  2. dkg999
    I think the 22nd would be better for me.
  3. SCompRacer
    The 22nd would be better here too. We should be past the mother in law problems and have the landscaping cleaned up by then. The doc said she is healing well so it looks like amputation is shelved. She will start physical therapy soon which is done at the nursing home. Currently Dana has to follow the medical transport to the doctors. The mil is way beyond safely riding in a personal car, even if she was out of the wheel chair.

I'll clear the date with HQ and let you all know.

OK, Saturday June 22 it is. Dear wife has plans for the week before.
  4. dkg999
    It looks like a new Oppo BD-105 will be my Father's Day present. It's nice that my daughter gives me permission to buy myself whatever I want for Father's Day! I probably won't have much time to play with it prior to moving the system to KC, however it will be nice to have one universal player/streamer in the HT system that can integrate the Roku services and streaming music from my FLAC files. It also lets me extend the usefulness of my B&K AVR and it's SQ which cannot be replaced by any reasonably priced AVR.
  5. SCompRacer
    Kewl! What does she get for being a thoughtful daughter.
  6. daboyz
  7. ALL212
    Well, of course they are! However, these are the older ones and probably have delaminated. It's fixable but no fun. You've got to strip all the adhesive off of the separated wires, then talk them into laying flat and then reglue them.

Since they are local you won't have to worry about shipping.

I think they are priced too high for what you're getting. You can get brand new MMG panels for $400 and brand new MMG's for $600. Offer him $100 and walk him up but I don't think I'd go over $200 unless you get to look at them/hear them and see how much work is involved.

But you will like them once up and running!
  8. dkg999
    Dave - unless you like fixing speakers more than you like listening to them, I would stay away from that vintage of Magnepan speakers. Like A2 says, buy the MMG's over those. Used MMG's are relatively easy to ship, so you could also pick up a used pair.
  9. SCompRacer
    I got my Paradise phono boards from Germany Friday. Very nice boards. I missed out on the first board group buy with parts group buy so I have to order all the parts to populate them. Two power supplies are required to power the boards.

The designer is Joachim Gerhard. He started a thread M.P.P. or my phono pre. You are correct, no tubes in this design.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analo...54210-mpp.html

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analo...-builders.html

Starting to get backed up on the bench.

10. ALL212
    You geek!