Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

Rockford Audio Society

1. SCompRacer
    I sure feel bad about missing out on the car. Still have sinus infection/headache. That hit Sunday morn.

My pre has no remote either. It has a real pricey manual volume pot so no an Alps would be for convenience, not SQ. I use the DAC for digital volume, on my own for the vinyl. I do have volume control in the active crossover though, so lots of options.
  2. daboyz
    Rich - I tried the first option and it worked as the video said. Still no response from the Dared.

Brock - Would you mind me trying your remote to see if yours works? I can drop by your crib with it.
  3. SCompRacer
    It sounds like the pot motor or controller then...only further tests with multi meter can tell anything.

I know just enough to be dangerous having set up remote with Arduino using Apple remote. I have an IR sensor with three leads that gets voltage, typical 5v. There is an output and gnd. The output sends the received signal from remote and the firmware is supposed to complete the desired action.

Borrow Brocks and swap parts with yours until it works.
  4. ALL212
    I like that idea!!

Sometime this weekend bring it on over and we'll pull some covers off of it and look at it in its under's! I've got meters - we'll figure it!!
  5. daboyz
    Let's see if Brock gets back to me first.

I don't have all those fancy schmanzy gadgets. I will be available Sunday as usual.
  6. ALL212
    if you get the chance try your remote on his pre - if it works there then the problem is the volume control on your unit and that might be fixable.
  7. heiney9
    Dave, If I'm home this weekend maybe we can get together and see what's up with your remote and your Dared. Probably won't know until the last minute. An old buddy of mine I grew up with is visiting family in Madison and I might be busy visiting off and on this week/weekend. I'll let you know when I can.
  8. daboyz
    Brock, I need just 2 mins. if possible tonight or tomorrow. It will save me and A2 some work(really A2). He's got it right now with it opened up. Plus, the quicker I get answers I can get back to the seller. Otherwise I suppose I could see if Joe would let me drop down there and try it on one of his.
  9. daboyz
    As expected the remote only went up, not down on George's Dared. I'll call my friend Joe to see if I can get a replacement.
  10. heiney9
    Dave, sorry I couldn't have been more accommodating. I have been living out of a suit case the past couple weeks off/on. And when I was home work has been kicking my ass, etc. I hope you can get it sorted out. Maybe a universal might work.