Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

Rockford Audio Society

1. SCompRacer
    If he ships it to you, he should remove the Bursons as they are plugged into sockets and may dislodge with rough handling. Sockets and the three Bursons were numbered. One pair were matched, one separate, although Burson told me the separte one should be close enough to not worry about. One pair is for tube output with coupling caps, the single is for SS out no coupling caps. Mundorfs were used for couplers. Some guys spent several hundred dollars on couplers.

That board is RoHS, which means lead free solder. A real pain to desolder. That is why I never attempted to remove sockets and solder Bursons to board. Also means you could keep Bursons and sell with stock op amps. IIRC I did include those. They were only a few bucks to replace if not included.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...uper-Regulator

2. daboyz
    Thanks, Rich. I relayed the message to him about removing them.

I also offered him the thought of his coming down here on the 20th. A2 brought up the idea of maybe a little DAC shootout. If anybody wants to they can drop by and hear the new Maggie's while we're at it. I'd like to get a head count so I know what to get and how much.
  3. daboyz
    Doug - I'm 99% that I want it and told him so. I'm just trying to get to the point where I want to buy and be satisfied. I think I can live very happily with it as my DAC.
  4. heiney9
    Dave, it's a nice DAC, made nicer by Rich. If I was in the market I would've jumped on it. What's going on on the 20th? I'm back to my tube addiction and it has been extremely hard to control. Lol
  5. dkg999
    Dave - the MH comes very close with the upgraded tube to my PS Audio DLIII. With the great headphone amp, and high-rez USB input, it should be a DAC that goes the distance for you. Unfortunately I am in Genoa all the week of the 14th, but have to head for KC the morning of the 20th.
  6. SCompRacer
    If we are going to shot DAC's I'm in! BYO ammo? ;) There are mods for the headphone out too. No limit to what you can do to it, but you'll never get all your upgrade money out of it. I never used the USB input when I had it.

When you get it, if you have the cover off and power on, don't touch the metal backs on them groups of four rectifiers. That would be line AC tingle time.
  7. daboyz
    I'll be throwing a few things out to the FM Sunday. The Dared and all the tubes, Atrium 4's, golf gear, blu rays, etc. Probably nothing any of you guys would want.
  8. SCompRacer
    I need a laptop. My video card is puking again and some keys are missing from laptop rage. Under constant assault from Dell, I check out their offerings. Why does it seem the only deal is they say deal a lot. My special discount code, which 3,978,345,890,234 others probably got sent too doesn't work for any laptop I want.

What movies?
  9. daboyz
    Perfect Storm
    Master and Commander
    War of the Worlds
    Sherlock Holmes
    Sherlock Holmes Game of Shadows
    Inception
    Kick Ass Blu/dvd
    Walk the Line
    Underworld
    All 4 Pirates movies

Rush - Time Machine
    Santana - Blues at Montreux - Buddy Guy, Clarence Brown, Bobby Paarker
  10. ALL212
    Rich - try Dell's refurb selection - same warranty, just not option selectable but they usually have enough to choose from to get a good deal.