Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

Rockford Audio Society

1. SCompRacer
    http://www.musichallaudio.com/detail.php?p=68

My understanding is the DAC's single ended or RCA output is tube output regardless of input. Balanced out is SS regardless of input. I don't recall what headphone out was, tube or ss. I think headphone is SS, not tube output.
  2. daboyz
    I've decided that my attempt to move my way up the audio chain isn't going to work for me. I'm just going to go back to a tubed pre and just shut up and be happy. I tried, didn't work.

P.S.

Brock, please keep the snickering to yourself, thanks.
  3. dkg999
    The problem with moving up the audio chain is that the incremental benefit from each dollar spent keeps getting smaller and smaller. You reach a tipping point where you really enjoy what you have, and it's going to take a huge investment in any replacement gear to make the improvement you desire. That's why I'm holding with my gear as is. The new Indian Cheiftan will have to suffice.
  4. ALL212
    Well! I certainly hope that doesn't change the plans this weekend for some of us to come to your house and DAC off??!!
  5. agfrost
    Well! I certainly hope that doesn't change the plans this weekend for some of us to come to your house and DAC off??!!

I can't make it--I prefer to DAC off in private. Did I really just type that?
  6. SCompRacer
    Maybe lets call it a DAC on instead...... Jay, too funny in an unsettling way.....lol
  7. SCompRacer
    Dave, all you can do is try stuff and stick with what you like. What was it that you didn't like? No worries or apologies needed about your opinion as there are folks that would really like that DAC and pre. If you don't, no big deal. Diversity.
  8. ALL212
    +1 to Doug and Rich - I've heard your stuff and it's good. Settle into the main components and pick away at some little stuff - room treatments can be done a piece at a time and make a big difference in the quality of what you're getting out of your system.
  9. dkg999
    When ATS had their sale on acoustic panels I bought enough to just cover all the walls. That way I don't have to have you all come down here to KS and walk around trying the panels in different spots!
  10. heiney9
    Dave, no snickering. Atleast you tried. Doesn't look like Sunday will work for Blake and I. We are heading out before the concert to do some cd/lp shopping and dinner, etc.