Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

Rockford Audio Society

1. Ricardo
    37" for $175? Must be one of those cardboard TV's they use in furniture stores...;)

We have an LG in our living room and it works great; it's the one that has the HD DVR and looks great.
  2. dkg999
    I have an LG 32" LCD, 70 series, 1080 in my bedroom. I really like it. LG seems a little under rated IMHO. I've noticed some really cheap used LCD TV's on the Rockford CL.
  3. blakeh
    Ricardo-

Yeah, I bought the Levitator. Made payment last night per Russman's instructions. Looking forward to getting it. Again, I probably will never argue that it makes a substantial sonic difference, I just want to watch my preamp levitate! ;)
  4. comfortablycurt
    37" for $175? Must be one of those cardboard TV's they use in furniture stores...

lol...That's what I'm thinking.

LG makes some nice TV's though. I've always been pretty impressed with them. I'm not looking for the state of the art right now or anything...pretty much whatever I end up getting is going to be leaps and bounds better than what I've got right now anyway...lol

If it's still around on Friday when I get paid...I'm gonna have to give them a call. I'm hoping it's got HDMI, but it won't be a deal breaker.

Blake-Congrats on the Levitator...that's a really cool piece.
  5. Ricardo
    Again, I probably will never argue that it makes a substantial sonic difference

What? The least I would expect is that you'll start bragging on how the notes float in the air!!!!
  6. comfortablycurt
    Ricardo-Are your Monitor 7B's fused? Just curious...I know they eliminated the fuse with the 7C's and the Series II's...
  7. Ricardo
    Yes, fused. That's the weak link. I need to get one of those audiophile fuses ;)
  8. comfortablycurt
    I've thought about the same thing. Something about spending $35 on a fuse just doesn't agree with me though...lol

I'm gonna upgrade my 7A's with Sonicaps and Mills...Mortite, Dynamat Xtreme, Cardas Binding posts...the whole works eventually. I'll probably just bypass the fuses when I do that.

Well...nevermind on that 37" LG. The ad in the paper said it was on craigslist too, so I tracked it down.

http://rockford.craigslist.org/ele/1263048974.html

Some of the LCD crystals are broken apparently, and it would cost about $250 to repair it. Oh well...a pre-amp is still next in line for the ole upgradeitis easement.:)
  9. heiney9
    Just a suggestion Curt, Sonicaps are probably overkill for M7's I'd recommend ClarityCaps as a very nice alternative for a lot less. The only way I'd use Sonicaps on a Monitor series speaker is if it was my main speakers and I had killer high end electronics running them. Sonicaps are great, but you'll never come close to getting your money back when you sell the 7's............even on CP.

Just my .02c on the subject.
  10. comfortablycurt
    I've considered the ClarityCaps too. That upgrades still up in the air though...I won't be hot rodding the 7's for quite a while yet. So, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I'm sure I'll have some questions for you when I'm ready to do it.

The XO's in your 5B's are basically the same XO as mine right? Mine have an extra resistor in the signal path, because of the Peerless tweets, but I think they're about the same aside from that. I'm sure I'll have some questions for you when I'm ready to do it.

I'm not really too worried about the resale value of them or anything...at this point, I doubt I'll ever get rid of these speakers.