Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

Rockford Audio Society

1. blakeh
    Well, I emailed the guy on Audiogon about the Dodd system and I bought it.
    Just kidding! ;) Nice setup though. I'm not sure I'll ever be in the position to own something like that. There is upgrading, and then there is UPGRADING! :D
  2. blakeh
    I sure hope none of us has turned into this guy. A guy's gotta have priorities!

3. comfortablycurt
    LMAO!! That's hilarious!!

I received my original MW6510 today. You can all rest easy now knowing that my drivers all match!...lol

One thing that I'd noticed before is that the newer style driver definitely doesn't have as much excursion as the originals. The bass always sounded a little stronger out of my right channel...which I attributed to my room. I've gotta say though, the bass feels a little more balanced now. The right isn't seeming stronger anymore. It could just be in my head...but I'm enjoying my speakers a lot more now with this original driver.:)
  4. SCompRacer
    I sure hope none of us has turned into this guy.

I must say no matter whatever I am/was involved in, if a woman blew in my ear, I always remember this military chant..

this is my rifle
    this is my gun
    this is for fighting
    this is for fun
  5. SCompRacer
    the newer style driver definitely doesn't have as much excursion as the originals

I don't think I ever heard that mentioned before. Glad it worked out for you. Order is restored in your universe.
  6. Ricardo
    One thing I did notice in the new 6510's vs the originals was that the new are much stiffer, even after hundreds of hours playing. Not sure though if after 25 years they would be just like the old ones.
  7. heiney9
    Holy crap! He shipped the amp yesterday and it's out for delivery today. Woo Hoo!
  8. SCompRacer
    Something you don't see everyday. A hummingbird moth. About the size of a large bumblebee. Sadly taken through a screen and window. My camera battery was low and the image stabilizer lens zapped it, so no second chances.

9. Ricardo
    Nice pictures Rich.

Brock, waiting to hear how the new toy compares to the Aleph....
  10. heiney9
    Brock, waiting to hear how the new toy compares to the Aleph....

I don't expect it to be an Aleph beater by any stretch. I'm looking for a nice improvement for the office rig. This particular chipamp isn't really designed for low impedance loads like SDA's, etc. After I confirm it's common ground and doesn;t put out a dangerous amount of DC, I'll put it in the main rig to see what she's got.

I really like the simplicy of design and the Dared MP5 sounds so good. We'll see......I sort of blew these chip amps off, but it appears they be real nice sounding units if done right.

Nice pics Rich!!