Ok guys UPDATE,
I was pretty close to wetting my pants, but I managed not to while listening to music for the last few hours. Here is what I found out so far:
- Even with the White Night Power 2m power cord connected to the speaker, the bass wasn't strong and as big as I anticipated.
- I "removed" the Shunyata Research Venom 3 cord from the HTPC and put back my stock power cord.
- All hell broke lose (in good way)
- I've got my bass punch back. But not only that, the bass is larger and more forceful. It's also calm when asked to. Bass definition has increased substantially, far more than I've ever gotten with audio interconnects in the past. The bass region is also "3-dimensional". The bass is thunderous. It's sort of like replacing the Venom 3 with a stock power cord "unlocked" the bass to come to life with the White Night Power. This is hilarious.
- Oh no, the treble comes strong. The BIG difference I am noticing is the detail pop coming from the sides. Each of those musical instruments come clear and each shows its own "depth". The music sounds more spacious, much more spacious. Each instruments are placed farther apart and are very transparent. The treble extends really well. It's about as crisp as the Venom 3 was on the PC if not better. But the detail pop, resolution, and depth is in a different league. There are some strange things in the background in the music I hear. They pop out with clean sparks, something I never heard before, even with some 100% solid silver core from analog interconnect I have tried in the past. This is in a different league.
When I say music being very spacious, I don't mean echo nor reverberation, it does have more space and air. Bass comes real tight and hard when demand, as well as the thunderous bass. This cable has much wider dynamics, all the way low to the highs. It's not ear hurting / fatiguing bright highs, but more natural and crisp highs.
And this is coming from just one White Night Power 2m power cord hooked up to my right Focal speaker. Imagine would happen when both speakers are fed with the same cords. Patrick says double the gain, makes sense.
Thanks for the heads up on the Proximity Stone... I have never thought about that. However Patrick is sending me a free ground hanger and protein bars. :smile: I've been curious to try it out. So nice that he send these things out as free gift. I will keep an eye on the Proximity Stone.. I'm gonna ask him about it. He's my buddy. I PM him all the time at anandtech forum.:lol:
I could help you out on this,for say 10,000 I could let you in on the secret.Quote:
Well, if he could find some naturally occuring black wood fiber (if that even exists), would be great.
Is it April 1st already?
I usually poop myself when it sounds that good. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Will be funny to see if this is just a joke. Otherwise its just spam like normal. Either way, I think I'm going to go stick my system in a tree, because you know, tree fibers or something.
Coconut Audio Factory Tour
And close to 99% of all the posts on AudioAsylum "Coconut Audio" forum are from Patrick himself. You get a few random "Is this moron serious?" posts but everything else are conversations between himself...and maybe his rabbits...?
Guess I found my next DAC...especially if all I need to do to get the best sound is have a humidifier set on max in the same room and use an undervolted Netbook as my source...oh...and convert all my crappy FLAC files to WAV format.
The detail, 3-dimensionality, and bass impact is very impressive. It's like I'm surrounded by music. There is a lot of depth and great impact in it.
For the last few days I had trouble sleeping. Because I've been excited with the new toy I've got. Can't wait to get home.
I will keep you guys posted with the updates on the second White Night Power cord and the investigation on the distributor....
Keep us posted, cheezy. I also have rabbits as pets, like Patrick does at his factory. That area he set up for them is really cool.
Really, really looking forward to getting my proximity stones. Should totally lower the noise floor and expose hidden dynamics in the music, creating a more natural and lifelike listening experience. I'm just hoping that I don't excrete waste products upon hearing the stones deployed in my stereo for the first time. Might have to tie a knot in it.
What is the white puddy looking stuff on the ends?
White tree fiber material.I thought it was left over gauze from Abott and Costello meet the Mummy.He had all sorts of that stuff just fluttering off his body ,someone did pick it up and put it to use .Ah the American way.......
To think I only owe another $19,000 on the mortgage, then I will be able to afford stuff off coconut audio, or perhaps just put a second mortgage on the ol homestead, to get some cables and a few stones. Yeah thats what I will do.
Guys like that give snake oil salesmen a bad name.
You don't want me to comment on what that white stuff is on the ends......you'll run to wash your hands.
Whats next ? We gonna blow up animal balloons to suck the static off the gear ?
I'd call this satire, or perhaps parody. Amusing, and far less offensive than the ad hominems that some people like to put forth. I'm a fan of coconut audio's product line, which are probably every bit as effective as some of the other ones out there.