Completed XO Rebuild/Upgrade on First Pair of 10B's
...and it was a b*tch (picture attached)! Swapping the parts out wasn't so bad (even thought there's some creativity involved in cramming the huge SoniCaps onto a small board), but detaching/re-attaching the XO board onto the backing structure was basically a 2 man job (that's why we have kids, right?). I have one more pair to go, and to my amazement the second pair is VERY different (my 2 pairs of 10B's were bought 4 years apart); however, it looks like the removal/replacement of the XO board won't be quite as bad on the second pair.
Long story short, when I hooked them up, one speaker came up fine and the other didn't (lacked bass). I discovered I had lifted one of the pads for the inductor and ended up soldering that lead to the (+) lead (good thing there were multiple connections on that node). The "muddiness" I was experiencing in one of my speakers is gone and they already sound "tighter" than what I had. I can only hope they'll last for the $$ I put into them (I replaced the tweets with RDO-194's a few months ago). BTW, the suggestion to replace the polyswitch with a .5 Ohm resistor was a good one: both polyswitches measured about .7 Ohms after removal, and I like how my high-end sounds now.