Tuning D4000.4 amp
I just installed a D4000.4 amp and DB6501 speakers. I'm looking at the instructions for tuning the amp and it's not making sense to me. In step 5, it says "turn up the level control corresponding to the midrange output...", again for the tweeter in step 6 and finally for the woofer in step 10. There are not separate tweeter, midrange and woofer level pots on the amp. What am I missing here?
All its saying is:
1) Adjust both the amps level controls to minimum.
2) Adjust the deck's volume to 3/4 of max.
3) Adjust the CH 1 & 2 level control until you heard distortion then back it down.
4) Adjust CH 3 & 4 level control until......
5) Then, balance the tweets output with the mid.
Ah! That makes sense.
What I was missing: the instructions were written to apply to various connection configurations, including ones in which the tweeter, midrange and/or woofer are on separate channels. I did not consider that a speaker system might be set up that way.
Thanks for the clarification.
Originally Posted by WLDock