Positioning of the sound bar
My apologies if this topic has been discussed previously. Sneaking in the question at work . . .
My husband and I are considering the Sound Bar 360. The structural layout of our living room makes positioning a speaker-based surround-sound system very problematic and the Soundbar seems to be an excellent and elegant solution.
However, our television is one of the older, rear-projection Mitsubishi 65" televisions--designed as an all-in-one "monolith." There is simply no place to put the Sound Bar at head level, unless we mounted it on the wall behind the tv (which seems odd to have this big hulking mass of tv obstructing the speaker system).
Is it possible to still obtain surround sound with the bar mounted on the top of the TV?
The dimensions of the room are are approx 12'x15' with the tv set against one corner and our seating diagonally across the room. Ceiling is normal height. The height of the TV is probably about 6'-6'6".)
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Just upgraded my parents HT
i came here after hearing about this forum on AVS. i'm a tech newbie and really don't know/understand the gazillions of settings options you can use on a powerful receiver to fully optimize the audio from your speakers. in any case, i was in charge of upgrading my parents HT setup, and this is what i got for them:
TV: Pioneer Kuro pdp-6020fd
Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR606
Speakers: Polk SurroundBar 50
DVD: Panasonic DMP-BD35K
Remote: Logitech Harmony One
Dish network HD-DVR
Bose accoustimass speakers purchased in the mid-90's for the outgoing HT currently in place. (i.e., these are 5 pairs of those small cube speakers)
Now the questions i have regarding setup of this system are as follows:
1) Should i scrap the wires the polk surroundbar comes w/ and get 12awg instead? Will the surroundbar accept banana plugs?
2) What are the settings i should use when setting up the speaker to the receiver? i had read on an earlier page in this thread to set the speakers to small because the surroundbar already had a filter (i don't know if this was specific to the 360 or to the 50).
3) Can i poach 2 pairs of the old Bose speakers i have and use those as surround speakers? Would you recommend this?
4) The Bose system also came w/ a Subwoofer. I plan on poaching this too, unless it doesn't hit nearly as well as i'd like it to. i have the PSW-505 on standby in my amazon cart if need-be.
5) Is there any way you (much more tech and audio savvy people than me) direct me to get optimum performance out of this setup?
Mounting Surroundbar to Sanus Universal Center-channel mount
I am interested in purchasing the Surroundbar Titanium for 42" plasma that is mounted to a Sanus Full motion mount (VMDD26). I need to know if the Surroundbar will mount to the Sanus Universal Center-channel speaker mount (VMCC1) that attaches to the full motion mount. Does anyone know the answer? Thanks.[B][B]