Dual db840's or single MM1040DVC
I have a custom sealed subwoofer enclosure made of 3/4" MDF with a Vb of 0.82 cu.ft. with a max. top mounting depth of 4.5" that I need to add subwoofer(s) to.
My choices for subwoofers are:
Powering the subs will be a dedicated an amp rated at 180 wRMS x 2 @ 2 ohms/360 wRMS x 1 @ 2 ohms bridged using the subwoofer output of my MTX Audio re-Q5 signal processor.
- Two db840's @ $49.99 ea.
- Single MM1040DVC @ $119.99 ea.
Which would be the best choice for clean, deep bass?
The enclosure will be part of my '05 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited system that currently consists of:
- OEM Radio
- MTX Audio re-Q5 signal processor
- db521 (front speakers, powered by front channel of 4 channel amp rated at 80 wRMS X 4 @ 4 ohms, tri-amp mode > 120 hz.)
- db651 (rear speakers, powered by rear channel of 4 channel amp rated at 80 wRMS X 4 @ 4 ohms)
- Bazooka WF621.5DVC, mid-bass (in center console, powered by front channel of 4 channel amp rated at 80 wRMS X 4 @ 4 ohms, tri-amp mode < 120 hz.)
NOTE: I will probably ditch the mid-bass after intalling the sub enclosure.
While the above configuration is not ideal, it gets the job done and is a definite "stealth" improvement over the OEM 7 speaker system.