For anyone interested.
Been working on this for about 11 months now. Still not done with everything but this is livable now.
3 Bedroom rancher
Finished, full basement
Finished garage (not complete, needs a floor)
Plot is 75 feet by 125 feet
3 car driveway
Built in 1956, before the "McMansion" craze. No Master Bed/Bath Suite floorplan, all bedrooms are similar in size. But, big bonus here, all floors except kitchen and bathroom are congruous Red Oak hardwood floors. The pictures look spectacular but they do not do them justice. The floors were pretty rough when we pulled up teh carpet. I spent about 5 weeks on my hands and knees crawling around the floor, sinking nail heads and replacing broken boards. I was going to refinish myself but rental and materials would have run me $1600+. Found a Vietnamese guy who was in and out in 3 days, sanding, 3 coats of poly with sanding in between coats. Did it for about $1175. Couldn't beat that with a stick and they came out incredible! I can't believe anyone would cover these up with wall to wall carpet.
On to business!
Photos are links 'cause they are huge and I didn't want to resize and lose clarity.
Was gutted down to studs. All fixtures are Moen, oil rubbed bronze as well as soap dish and such. Shower doors are sliding glass with oil rubbed bronze frame. Counter top is one piece, cultured marble. Floor is ceramic made to look like slate. Vanity and medicine cabinet are solid wood, facia is cherry, draws are ash and internal panels are birch. All trim and doors are pine, blind is solid cherry with double-strung privacy slats. Has a heat lamp, vented center light and floods over the vanity. Thresh hold is black granite. Contractor did plumbing, electrical and mounted vanity and and mirror as well as tile floor. There was too much rotted, damaged and not to code for me to tackle myself. All finish work including paint was done by me except trim and hanging the doors, my dad did that.
This room went down to bare sheetrock. Took 9 days of peeling wallpaper and paint to get it here. Blinds are "Ridge Pine" solid pine. All trim is pine as well as the bi-fold closet doors. Furniture I posted about here before. Ignore the lamp, it's temporary, new brass lamps are coming. So are brass knobs to replace the brushed nickel. It's tight withe furniture but that doesn't really bother me. I got a whole house to hold all my junk. This room is for sleeping and...well... ;) Anyway, My dad did trim again and hung the closet doors. I did the peeling or wallpaper/paint and sheetrock repair and the new paint. I also finished and hung the bedroom door. By the way, the nightstands, solid mahogany, hand built by my dad. Two of a kind, signed and dated. I had to use them so finding decent furniture to match was very difficult. I think I did pretty good.
This room was a cave. It had cheap paneling and an extended closet. It faces south east so not a whole lot of sun gets in here hence the pale green. But under the paneling was two coats of paint on top of textured wallpaper on top of vinyl wallpaper on top of paper wallpaper which was glued directly to the original sheetrock with no sealer. It took me two weeks of 5 hour nights and 10 weekend days to get this room fixed. I did the paint and hung the closet and main door. My dad did trim. All trim and doors are pine and blinds are the same "Ridge Pine" solid pine blinds as the other room. The futon is there because that's the room it's going in. The light is old and again, temporary.
This room was pretty solid but the floor needed alot of work in here. I replaced probably 20% of the boards. The ceiling had to get sanded down and re-taped with a ton of nail pops fixed. My dad and I split that work up. My dad did the trim, I did paint. The chandelier is gettin' tossed. The dining room has a wide opening in to the living room. Blinds are the same as the bedrooms.
The living room is quite large. That rug is 10 feet by 13 feet. It covers 75% of the floor. That blind is 101 inches long. 3 blinds on a single stringer. Center window is a HUGE 50" bay window. The lamp on the stool is temporary as well. I had alot of work to do to the walls in the room. Someone put plaster up over wallpaper and the blue tape was peeling chunks of it off. I painted with primer to cover the old paint and then spent a week and a half chiseling the plaster off. That sucked. I'm still pulling plaster dust out of my hair. My dad did all trim, I did paint.
Entry hall. Bi-fold doors replaced a solid door for the hall closet. I still have to fix the inside. The front door will need to be replaced eventually too. It's frame is dry-rotted. I patched it up but It'll have to come out eventually.
Goes to bedrooms and bathroom. 3rd bedroom is at the end of the hall. That's going to get turned in to a library. I'm going to build modular book cases out of plywood and fake out the "installed" look by finishing off with solid wood trim. The bookcases will be free standing but screwed to the studs so they don't fall over. Whole purpose is so that I can turn it back in to a bedroom easily if needed.
Back Hall Ceiling
This is the back hall ceiling. That grate is a whole house fan I installed with my dad. I had an electrician friend wire it up for me 'cause it was confusing as all get out. The wooden door is attic access via a Werner telescoping ladder.
But the fan is the coolest part! It's got a weather tight, motorized lid in the attic!
Opened and running!
Lots more work to do but at this point I can start moving in!