Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 49
  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Inside the Matrix
    Posts
    694

    Default Roger Walters Announces "The Wall" Tour

    http://www.billboard.com/events/roge...04082382.story

    This should be an interesting show. It doesn't come around very often. Gotta give my 18 year old son a kudos on this heads up! In fact, he already signed up on the advance purchase list for a couple of nearby venues when the tickets go on sale.

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (11)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dixon, IL
    Posts
    6,519

    Default

    Who's Roger WaLters?;)



    This is awesome!!! I will, without question, definitely be at one, or BOTH of the Chicago shows!!!!

    Holy freakin god!! This is badass!!!:D:D:D




    edit-Oh my god!!! I feel like a giddy school girl!!!! Roger Waters!!!!
    Last edited by comfortablycurt; 04-13-2010 at 02:32 AM.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Denon DVD-2910 universal player
    DPA The Little Bit Three DAC
    Yamaha P-300 turntable/TCC TC-750 phono preamp
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp
    PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Type 4 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sidewinder IC's
    Audioquest Black Mamba IC's
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (16)

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Andromeda
    Posts
    14,400

    Default

    I think Curt just wet his panties.

  4. #4

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    I'm sure its going to be quite the spectacle, with building up and tearing down the Wall at each site and of course the Wall is his project so no one could do it better, but I just can't get into that album like I could back in the day. In fact, I have a hard time getting through it in one listening...

    On the other hand, Snowy White will be playing guitar in his band which is a big bonus....
    decisions, decisions.

    Now, if Gilmour were to suddenly reconcile with Waters and join the crew I'd be in like flyn...but that's not going to happen before Pigs are on the Wing...
    2 Ch.
    Parasound Halo A23 Amp
    Parasound Halo P3 Preamp
    Parasound Halo T3 Tuner
    Bada HD22SE tube CD Player
    Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 antenna
    polkaudio Lsi9s (upgraded cross-overs)
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Bi-wire Interface Speaker Cables
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Interconnects (3)
    IegO L70530 Power cords (3)

    HT
    Denon 2808ci AVR
    polkaudio RTi A5s (fronts)
    polkaudio RTi A1s (rears)
    polkaudio Csi A6 (center)
    Signal Cable Ultra Speaker Cables
    Signal Cable Analog II Interconnects

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (11)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dixon, IL
    Posts
    6,519

    Default

    In a manner of speaking, yes...lol...but I'm not bothered by that fact.


    Roger Waters is one of my idols. The impact that the music of Pink Floyd has made on my life have been very significant...and Roger's lyrics and songwriting were a big part of that. When it comes down to, I'm more of a fan of the David Gilmour "based" Floyd, but that is in no way a slight on Roger Waters.

    He's also one of my personal favorite bassists. Also, though he's no David Gilmour, Roger Waters is also an excellent guitarist.

    I've never seen the Floyd in any form...so I'm going to be looking forward to this one VERY much.


    Now David Gilmour needs to plan another North American tour.:)


    I've always clung to the slight hope of a Pink Floyd reunion, but that hope died along with Richard Wrights passing. The fact that I was never able to see Richard Wright is a big disappointment to me...I would easily rank him as one of the best and most creative keyboardists of all time...it can change depending on my mood, but I'll usually say that Richard Wright is my favorite keyboardist of all time. He's right up there with the Dead's Keith Godchaux in my book, which is really saying something coming from me.;)


    But, seeing Roger Waters perform a live, complete theatrical version of The Wall, will go a LONG way towards making up for my missing out on Richard Wright.

    Now David Gilmour needs to plan a North American tour...and play DSOTM in it's entirety. As well as a complete version of Echoes...along with AT LEAST Wish You Were Here, High Hopes, A Great Day For Freedom and Comfortably Numb.

    If I can see that, my life will be one step closer to being complete...lol
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Denon DVD-2910 universal player
    DPA The Little Bit Three DAC
    Yamaha P-300 turntable/TCC TC-750 phono preamp
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp
    PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Type 4 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sidewinder IC's
    Audioquest Black Mamba IC's
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    BTW, Curt, I'm with you on Rick Wright. His level of involvement in a particular Floyd album/song tends to serve as a barometer for my interest in said piece. The more he's involved, the better (though I think AMLoR and TDB could have benefitted from Waters' lyric writing and conceptualization)
    2 Ch.
    Parasound Halo A23 Amp
    Parasound Halo P3 Preamp
    Parasound Halo T3 Tuner
    Bada HD22SE tube CD Player
    Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 antenna
    polkaudio Lsi9s (upgraded cross-overs)
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Bi-wire Interface Speaker Cables
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Interconnects (3)
    IegO L70530 Power cords (3)

    HT
    Denon 2808ci AVR
    polkaudio RTi A5s (fronts)
    polkaudio RTi A1s (rears)
    polkaudio Csi A6 (center)
    Signal Cable Ultra Speaker Cables
    Signal Cable Analog II Interconnects

  7. #7

    Member Sales Rating: (2)

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pottstown, PA
    Posts
    44

    Default

    This is awesome news! I'm with Curt on this...I am definitely there! The Philly shows for the last 2 tours he did were both spectacular in content and sound quality. I'm already looking forward to this!

  8. #8

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    597

    Default

    Thanks for the post and looking forward to the Toronto or Detroit shows as I live in between!

  9. #9

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    Based on the reunited band's performance of "Comfortably Numb" at Live 8 (see below), one could only imagine how awesome a full length show with Gilmour on board would be....I'd especially dig hearing that Waters-Gilmour ping-pong vocal exchange on "Run Like Hell" Damn, I wish they'd work it out...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wtiNzci1Wc
    2 Ch.
    Parasound Halo A23 Amp
    Parasound Halo P3 Preamp
    Parasound Halo T3 Tuner
    Bada HD22SE tube CD Player
    Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 antenna
    polkaudio Lsi9s (upgraded cross-overs)
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Bi-wire Interface Speaker Cables
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Interconnects (3)
    IegO L70530 Power cords (3)

    HT
    Denon 2808ci AVR
    polkaudio RTi A5s (fronts)
    polkaudio RTi A1s (rears)
    polkaudio Csi A6 (center)
    Signal Cable Ultra Speaker Cables
    Signal Cable Analog II Interconnects

  10. #10
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    21,321

    Default

    Their coming to Philly twice in November. My wife and I will definitely be there.

  11. #11

    Member Sales Rating: (2)

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    McMinnville, OR
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    Holy...****...I was just talking to my dad last month about seeing the "Australian Pink Floyd" the next time they come to the states (he's seen them and says they're amazing).

    But a chance to see the REAL Floyd (or at least parts of it)?!?!?!?!

    Not going to pass this opportunity up. BRING IT ON TACOMA!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNightly View Post
    "Dr Dunn admitted that his research could also be interpreted as evidence that women are shallower than men. He said: "Let's face it - there's evidence to support it."
    Quote Originally Posted by mystik610 View Post
    Best Buy is for people who don't know any better. Magnolia is for people who don't know any better and have more money to spend.
    My System:


    Blu-Ray player: Samsung BD-P1600
    TV: SAMSUNG UN55B7000 55" 1080p LED HDTV

  12. #12

    Member Sales Rating: (5)

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Curbside, NJ
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by comfortablycurt View Post
    I've never seen the Floyd in any form...so I'm going to be looking forward to this one VERY much.
    Oh my...let the cherry popping commence!
    Parasound C1, T3, HCA-3500, HCA-2205A, P/DD1550, Pioneer DV-79avi, Oppo BDP-83, WD Media Server W/HDD,
    Dynaudio Contour 3.3, Dynaudio Contour T2.1, Polk OWM3, Polk DSW micropro 1000 (x2),
    Pioneer Kuro 50" Plasma, Phillips Pronto Control w/Niles HT-MSU.

  13. #13

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    I saw this today. I am really loking forward to this. I will be going to the Dallas show for sure. To bad it is so far away. The wait will kill me. I wonder how much the tickets are goign to run?
    Front - RTiA5's
    Rear - RTiA3's
    Center - CSiA4
    Sub - PSW110

  14. #14

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by packetjones View Post
    I wonder how much the tickets are goign to run?
    In the range of:
    Best seats: $200
    Nosebleed (cheapest): $55

    But given the spectacle, one might be at an advantage getting a nosebleed/bleecher seat to take in the entire thing.

    I saw PF in '94 and I ended being glad that I was far away from the stage to take in the entire light show...its an entire experience, not just a musical performance, I felt. Never seen anything like it before or since...
    2 Ch.
    Parasound Halo A23 Amp
    Parasound Halo P3 Preamp
    Parasound Halo T3 Tuner
    Bada HD22SE tube CD Player
    Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 antenna
    polkaudio Lsi9s (upgraded cross-overs)
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Bi-wire Interface Speaker Cables
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Interconnects (3)
    IegO L70530 Power cords (3)

    HT
    Denon 2808ci AVR
    polkaudio RTi A5s (fronts)
    polkaudio RTi A1s (rears)
    polkaudio Csi A6 (center)
    Signal Cable Ultra Speaker Cables
    Signal Cable Analog II Interconnects

  15. #15

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Posts
    83

    Default

    Having seen Floyd's 'Animals', Delicate Sound' and 'Pulse' tours, as well as both Gilmour's and Water's last solo tours. This is a must see. Although 'The Wall' is far from my favorite and I've missed Gilmour not playing with Water's more than Water's not playing with Gilmour, I'm still NOT gonna miss this for ANY reason. Should be great. I also agree with Norm that these shows are better seen a bit farther back to get the full effect.
    Last edited by Squidmon; 04-13-2010 at 04:14 PM.
    If there ain't no gold at the end of the rainbow, I'll settle for the pot.:D
    Yamaha RX-A2020
    2-Sony DVP-CX995V 400 Disc players
    Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray Player
    Mains:Polk RT2000P
    Center: Polk CS400
    Rears: Polk FXi A6
    Subs:2-Polk PSW450

  16. #16

    Member Sales Rating: (9)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    2,493

    Default

    Of course, the only time they are playing near me is November 13th, during my only annual out of the country work week. :(
    Let me tell you something about life, around every corner monsters await. I know, I am one.

    If I owned hell and this place, I would rent this place out and live in hell.

    Mains: Anthony Gallo Reference 3.1
    Preamp: Modwright SWL9.0SE
    Amps: Butler TBD2250, PS Audio Trio
    PrePro: Cary Cinema 6, Outlaw 990
    DAC: Benchmark DAC1
    Universal Player: Denon 2900
    Cables: StraightWire Encore II, Kimber Hero, Audioquest Type 4, CV-8, Columbia DBS
    Power Conditioner: Belkin PF60

  17. #17

    Member Sales Rating: (11)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dixon, IL
    Posts
    6,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm Apter View Post
    I'm sure its going to be quite the spectacle, with building up and tearing down the Wall at each site and of course the Wall is his project so no one could do it better, but I just can't get into that album like I could back in the day. In fact, I have a hard time getting through it in one listening...

    On the other hand, Snowy White will be playing guitar in his band which is a big bonus....
    decisions, decisions.

    Now, if Gilmour were to suddenly reconcile with Waters and join the crew I'd be in like flyn...but that's not going to happen before Pigs are on the Wing...
    Agreed. The Wall doesn't really rank among my favorite Floyd albums, though it's still an excellent album. As a full sensory theatrical presentation though, the original performances of The Wall can hardly be beat. It'll be incredible to see it now, with modern special effects.

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm Apter View Post
    BTW, Curt, I'm with you on Rick Wright. His level of involvement in a particular Floyd album/song tends to serve as a barometer for my interest in said piece. The more he's involved, the better (though I think AMLoR and TDB could have benefitted from Waters' lyric writing and conceptualization)
    Definitely. I'm actually a pretty big fan of The Division Bell. Some of my favorite Floyd songs came from that album(namely High Hopes, Great Day for Freedom and Take It Back). A Momentary Lapse Of Reason? Eh...not so much. Some good songs, but overall it's not that great of an album IMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm Apter View Post
    Based on the reunited band's performance of "Comfortably Numb" at Live 8 (see below), one could only imagine how awesome a full length show with Gilmour on board would be....I'd especially dig hearing that Waters-Gilmour ping-pong vocal exchange on "Run Like Hell" Damn, I wish they'd work it out...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wtiNzci1Wc
    Amen to that. Even though I know it will never happen, it would be incredible if they'd work their differences out and have another tour. The Gimour/Waters creative collaboration has resulted in some of THE greatest music that's ever been written.

    Quote Originally Posted by Amherst View Post
    Oh my...let the cherry popping commence!
    Hell yes!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Squidmon View Post
    Having seen Floyd's 'Animals', Delicate Sound' and 'Pulse' tours, as well as both Gilmour's and Water's last solo tours. This is a must see. Although 'The Wall' is far from my favorite and I've missed Gilmour not playing with Water's more than Water's not playing with Gilmour, I'm still NOT gonna miss this for ANY reason. Should be great. I also agree with Norm that these shows are better seen a bit farther back to get the full effect.
    Damn! I'm jealous!

    I definitely agree though, in that I've missed Gilmour not playing with Water's more than Water's not playing with Gilmour.

    Quote Originally Posted by venomclan View Post
    Of course, the only time they are playing near me is November 13th, during my only annual out of the country work week. :(

    Quit your job!!! You'll get another one!!:p






    Looks like Chicago is gonna be the second leg of this tour, after Toronto...so I guess I'm gonna get to see it before most of you!! hehe...

    Maybe I'll catch it again later in the tour...




    edit-Here's some updated info on the tour...

    http://www.billboard.com/events/roge...04082597.story
    Last edited by comfortablycurt; 04-13-2010 at 05:01 PM.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Denon DVD-2910 universal player
    DPA The Little Bit Three DAC
    Yamaha P-300 turntable/TCC TC-750 phono preamp
    Acurus L10 preamp
    Adcom GFA-545 power amp
    PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Type 4 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sidewinder IC's
    Audioquest Black Mamba IC's
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's

  18. #18
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    21,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm Apter View Post
    In the range of:
    Best seats: $200
    Nosebleed (cheapest): $55

    But given the spectacle, one might be at an advantage getting a nosebleed/bleecher seat to take in the entire thing.

    I saw PF in '94 and I ended being glad that I was far away from the stage to take in the entire light show...its an entire experience, not just a musical performance, I felt. Never seen anything like it before or since...
    Well even the nosebleed seats at the Wachovia Center in Philly are pretty darn good.

  19. #19

    Member Sales Rating: (3)

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    201

    Default

    I was only 8 when the wall first came out, so I never saw it but did go to the Division Bell tour in 1994. It was a dream come true for me, but this is just icing on the cake! I'll be at Chicago for sure, them maybe go see it somewhere else. I saw that Nick Mason was saying how much he always enjoyed working with Roger & they are actually friends to this day, so it would be great if he would do the drumming on this tour. Gilmours talent will be missed, but with everything that happen between him & Waters I don't EVER see them playing again! Too bad!!!

  20. #20

    Member Sales Rating: (9)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    2,493

    Default

    I wasn't a Floyd fan until my freshman year of college, I took a philosophy course and we studied The Wall and how it compared to Plato's Allegory of the cave. We watched the movie in class and I was hooked. I would love to see this in concert.
    Venom
    Let me tell you something about life, around every corner monsters await. I know, I am one.

    If I owned hell and this place, I would rent this place out and live in hell.

    Mains: Anthony Gallo Reference 3.1
    Preamp: Modwright SWL9.0SE
    Amps: Butler TBD2250, PS Audio Trio
    PrePro: Cary Cinema 6, Outlaw 990
    DAC: Benchmark DAC1
    Universal Player: Denon 2900
    Cables: StraightWire Encore II, Kimber Hero, Audioquest Type 4, CV-8, Columbia DBS
    Power Conditioner: Belkin PF60

  21. #21

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Is The Wall available on Blu-ray I wonder? :)

    For everyone who can't get out to see either Waters or Gilmour play live, the next best you might be able to manage is the Australian touring act: The Australian Pink Floyd Show

    http://www.aussiefloyd.com/

    They actually design their stage shows after much of what the actual Floyd set-ups have been, and the effect is well - stunning. Their tours have included complete performances of The Wall, DSOTM, and Echoes among others. They even have one of the original inflatable pigs from the DSOT tour I believe.

    Being Aussies, they have their own cool twist to their shows, but the music and ligh experience is not only much more accessible and affordable for many of us, but may be the closest we ever come to having seen the 'real deal' play live. Worth a ticket if they're coming to your neck of the woods.

    Have a listen to some of their songs if you doubt. :)

    Click on their DOWNLOADS tab, then AUDIO (works best in IE)

    Pigs (3 different ones)
    Echoes
    Have a Cigar
    and of course One of These Days
    are some of my faves!
    AVR: Denon 1910
    Mains: Polk TSi300
    Center: Polk CS10
    Sub: Polk PSW110
    Video: Sharp Aquos LED LC-52LE700UN
    BDP: Sharp BD-HP22U

  22. #22

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Inside the Matrix
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Personnally, the biggest thing for me and my son is about this show that my son and I are debating is to which venue type to see it in the Northeast, USA. The Meadowlands in NJ (read Giants Stadium) is apt to be an epic event (per my son). In Hartford, a more up close experience (while the band is fine tuning things)....

    Decisions, decisions....

    It is a fait a comple' that we will be at these or other nearby venues in the Northeast.

  23. #23

    Member Sales Rating: (4)

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    1,025

    Default

    Halloween weekend in KC.. hopefully i can score good seats..
    xboxlive = beeruss
    psn = beeruss
    My Crap

    My RIG

  24. #24

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly61 View Post
    Personnally, the biggest thing for me and my son is about this show that my son and I are debating is to which venue type to see it in the Northeast, USA. The Meadowlands in NJ (read Giants Stadium) is apt to be an epic event (per my son). In Hartford, a more up close experience (while the band is fine tuning things)....

    Decisions, decisions....
    Oh, I'd definately go for something like Giants Stadium...I think the space that it affords would help bring out the whole spectacle. They'll be building and deconstructing something like a 240 ft by 70 ft wall at each venue.

    If Waters and his band were going to perform Saucerful of Secrets or Obscured by Clouds vintage acoustic stuff, then definately you'd want something like Hartford but for something like this: the bigger the scene, the better.

    Pre-sale tickets (the word pre-sale seems kind of idiotic to me) go on sale May 5.
    2 Ch.
    Parasound Halo A23 Amp
    Parasound Halo P3 Preamp
    Parasound Halo T3 Tuner
    Bada HD22SE tube CD Player
    Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 antenna
    polkaudio Lsi9s (upgraded cross-overs)
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Bi-wire Interface Speaker Cables
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Interconnects (3)
    IegO L70530 Power cords (3)

    HT
    Denon 2808ci AVR
    polkaudio RTi A5s (fronts)
    polkaudio RTi A1s (rears)
    polkaudio Csi A6 (center)
    Signal Cable Ultra Speaker Cables
    Signal Cable Analog II Interconnects

  25. #25
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    21,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm Apter View Post
    Oh, I'd definately go for something like Giants Stadium...I think the space that it affords would help bring out the whole spectacle. They'll be building and deconstructing something like a 240 ft by 70 ft wall at each venue.

    If Waters and his band were going to perform Saucerful of Secrets or Obscured by Clouds vintage acoustic stuff, then definately you'd want something like Hartford but for something like this: the bigger the scene, the better.

    Pre-sale tickets (the word pre-sale seems kind of idiotic to me) go on sale May 5.
    I've been to hundreds of concerts since the late '60s in several venues, a few were held in stadiums. The acoustics in the stadiums are really bad. I'm glad the two concerts being held in Philly are at the Wachovia Center which beats, hands down, open stadium acoustics. If the concerts were being held at Lincoln Financial Center or Citizen Bank Park, I'd be passing on this concert.
    Last edited by hearingimpared; 04-20-2010 at 03:40 AM.

  26. #26

    Member Sales Rating: (10)

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Posts
    1,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hearingimpared View Post
    I've been to hundreds of concerts since the late '60s in several venues, a few were held in stadiums. The acoustics in the stadiums are really bad. I'm glad the two concerts being held in Philly are at the Wachovia Center which beats, hands down, open stadium acoustics. If the concerts were being held at Lincoln Financial Center or Citizen Bank Park, I'd be passing on this concert.
    Joe, I'm sure your are right in terms of sound. I haven't been to too many in arena-sized venues. I'll take your word for it that the sound is much better in indoor venues. I guess I was just thinking back to one of those rare outdoor peformances that I have caught which featured the other three - Gilmour, Wright, and Mason - on the Pulse tour at Carter-Finley stadium in Raleigh, NC. It was May 10, 1994. I had two final exams that day and I remember one of my professors remarking that there was a solar eclipse that day, and a full moon that night. There was just something magical about seeing the Pink Floyd light show, with the rampaging pigs with laser eyes and the huge illuminated mushroom spreading light out over the tens of thousands of fans on a warm late spring evening under the moon. Again, for sound I'm sure your right...the atmospherics from that show stick with me like it took place yesterday.
    2 Ch.
    Parasound Halo A23 Amp
    Parasound Halo P3 Preamp
    Parasound Halo T3 Tuner
    Bada HD22SE tube CD Player
    Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 antenna
    polkaudio Lsi9s (upgraded cross-overs)
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Bi-wire Interface Speaker Cables
    MIT Shotgun S-3 Interconnects (3)
    IegO L70530 Power cords (3)

    HT
    Denon 2808ci AVR
    polkaudio RTi A5s (fronts)
    polkaudio RTi A1s (rears)
    polkaudio Csi A6 (center)
    Signal Cable Ultra Speaker Cables
    Signal Cable Analog II Interconnects

  27. #27

    Member Sales Rating: (58)

    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    6 Underground
    Posts
    25,306

    Default

    If any band can run the board properly, it's the crew that travels with that group.

    Pass on a Pink Floyd concert based on principle? L O L.

    Norm - I was at that concert and it was EXCELLENT.

  28. #28

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    314

    Default

    Christmas has come early.WOO HOO!!!

  29. #29

    Member Sales Rating: (47)

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sufficiently Breathless
    Posts
    11,270

    Default

    Yep,, saw them in Atlanta,, and it was foggy that evening at Georgia Tech's Bobby Dodd Stadium,, the lasers cut thru the fog with an eerie misty illumination,,a magical event for sure,,still gives me goosebumps when I think of Gilmour's guitar work on Comfortably Numb.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)

  30. #30
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    21,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm Apter View Post
    Joe, I'm sure your are right in terms of sound. I haven't been to too many in arena-sized venues. I'll take your word for it that the sound is much better in indoor venues. I guess I was just thinking back to one of those rare outdoor peformances that I have caught which featured the other three - Gilmour, Wright, and Mason - on the Pulse tour at Carter-Finley stadium in Raleigh, NC. It was May 10, 1994. I had two final exams that day and I remember one of my professors remarking that there was a solar eclipse that day, and a full moon that night. There was just something magical about seeing the Pink Floyd light show, with the rampaging pigs with laser eyes and the huge illuminated mushroom spreading light out over the tens of thousands of fans on a warm late spring evening under the moon. Again, for sound I'm sure your right...the atmospherics from that show stick with me like it took place yesterday.
    Yes indeed, I saw them several times at the Philadelphia Spectrum (RIP) and the light show and all the props flying around, the lasers etc. are awesome.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. My Ripley's Believe it or not "Ghost Tour"
    By disneyjoe7 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 08:05 AM
  2. Opening Night Of Reunion Tour - Van Halen "Slumps"!
    By marker in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 03:43 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2007, 01:47 PM
  4. It's "Official:" VH & Roth will tour
    By BottomFeeder in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 09:13 AM
  5. """""""42"""""""" Panasonic or Samsung"""""""
    By kingtalk in forum Electronics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2007, 08:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts