Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Default Realize this isn't audio but would like some help with a wire question?

Trying to repair my daughters hair straightener and need some help trying to figure out what type of wire to use. It does not appear to be copper and it appears to have a coating that is not a standard plastic. Thought it may be something hear resistant. Also as shown in one of the picture where the wire are connected together the "shrink" wrap is different than what I have seen before. Have tried searching the net but most of the stuff I have found is related to replace the power cord not the internal wires. Realize I could just buy another one but what fun would that be. Any suggestion on the wire and connecters?
    Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hair straigh 4.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	88701Click image for larger version

Name:	hair straigt 5.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	88702Click image for larger version

Name:	Hair Straigh 3.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	88700

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Get in touch with Polkfarmboy, I'm sure he has something you can use and you'll probably end up gettin it for free!!!!!!
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.

Member Sales Rating: (9)

Quote Originally Posted by decal View Post
    Get in touch with Polkfarmboy, I'm sure he has something you can use and you'll probably end up gettin it for free!!!!!!
    Yep, a 11,000.00 cord for a hair straightener.

Nice¡¿

You guys are relentless.
    |Fronts - Peerless RTA-12B | Center(s) - Peerless Monitor 5 | Rears - Peerless Monitor 4 |
    |Amp for fronts - Yamaha CA-1010 | Preamp (and amp for center/rears) - RX-V667 |
    |TV - Philips 46" Smart LED | Gaming - Xbox 360 | Headphones - Fidelio X1 |

Member Sales Rating: (12)

I would just buy here a new one. The risk of her hating you for creating a device that torches her hair, thus ruining her social standing is just to great.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    I would just buy here a new one. The risk of her hating you for creating a device that torches her hair, thus ruining her social standing is just to great.
    Ditto on nooshinjohn's advice.

I tried to repair wires in one of my daughter's straightening irons. Although she did not "torch" her hair with it, it never quite did the job. They don't make these kinds of devices to be repaired. But then, I'm not an expert with these kinds of repairs.

Surprise her with a brand new ceramic one; perhaps, her smile will be enough fun to make it worthwhile for you!

Member Sales Rating: (2)

7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : MFW-15 (RIP): Yamaha Aventage RX-A1000 : Adcom GFA-7500 : PS3 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Onkyo TX-SR575 : DIRECTV HR22 DVR : LG 50PQ30 HDTV
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic

yea $10 why bother chickadee china

http://www.walmart.com/ip/14282405?w...076550&veh=sem

Member Sales Rating: (4)

I have been trying all day you to use an old pair of jumper cable I have to repair this thing but I just cant figure how to fit all of it back into the small space of the straightener.

I figure I will have to buy her a new one but I shelled out so much for this one (because I thought it would last more than one year) that just out of sheer principle I want to try fixin it. And by chance I do figure out how to fix it I will than have something to straighten my chest and back hair.

Try some Teflon coated copper wire. Usually you can find mil-spec on the internet. Teflon is heat resistant to a very high temperature, several hundred degrees.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills, polyswitches removed, Lg Solen inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR binding posts, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheets (3" strips) installed on back wall behind MW's & Tweeters, interior of cabinets sealed, AI-1 interface with 1000VA transformer

Thread Information