Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Default I did it........

Just went vinyl that is. I am borrowing a Sansui Sr 929 TT. Hopefully we can come upon an agreeable price.

Man what a solid TT. Love the piano black finish and all the intrigue aluminum tone arm pieces.

This is my first high end TT, heck the first one I have had in my collection in probably 20 years.

I have been listening to PF Echoes. Very fun to re-visit this media again.

I have tried to take pictures but can't seem to capture the beauty of it so I will post a link to it.

http://www.thevintageknob.org/SANSUI/SR929/SR929.html

I do have a question as well. When I turned the knob on my pre to phono I still had a CD playing and I could hear the music from the CD playing at a low level even though it was on phono. The TT player was grounded. I double checked.

Is this a common problem ?? My pre ( Rotel -RC 1550 ) has only MM inputs and the cartridge I have is MM as well.

Of course the easy solution is to just turn off the CDP. Ideas ??

Member Sales Rating: (12)

Congrats on the stunning table... I hope you find a way to strike a deal.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

Member Sales Rating: (1)

watch out for low end feedback...

Member Sales Rating: (19)

Work your knob on the pre several times. Contacts become dirty from non-use in the phono pre position. That may or may not solve the cross-talk issue. Easy fix is to turn off all other inputs. Recent Yamaha AVR gear has this problem, it was just a factor of the design.
    DKG999
    -----------------------------------------
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC

Member Sales Rating: (28)

Input channel cross-talk is common with many pre-amps, receivers, etc. Most of the time, there is nothing that can be done to improve it. Hope you enjoy the Sansui TT. Looks to be a fine one. Don't pay too much though.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Thanks for the input guys. Easy enough fix.

Good to hear that it exists in other systems.

Thanks

Thread Information