Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Centreville, VA
    Posts
    18

    Default 3 Pair of Vintage Polks for Sale on AudioGon

    Hello All,

    If anyone is interested, I have 3 ads posted on AudioGon the following vintage Polk Models:

    RT-20P:
    http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....Tower-Speakers

    RT-8:
    http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....-RT-8-Speakers

    SDA CRS:
    http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....K-CRS-Speakers

    Thanks for your consideration.

    KABII:)

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Richton Park,IL.
    Posts
    5,072

    Default

    Cool, how does the SDA CRS sound?
    Linn AV5140 fronts
    Linn AV5120 Center
    Linn AV5140 Rears
    M&K MX-70 Sub for Music
    Odyssey Mono-Blocs
    SVS Ultra-13 Gloss Black:D

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (49)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wyred 4 Sound
    Posts
    11,225

    Default

    You do know your breaking the rules here "RIGHT"?
    No Way But The Hard Way, So Get Used To It!!!

  4. #4

    Member Sales Rating: (41)

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    8,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TOOLFORLIFEFAN View Post
    You do know your breaking the rules here "RIGHT"?
    I think he's in the clear. He didn't try to sell them here.

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e
    Posts
    11,771

    Default

    That's an interesting 'technique' don't you think, maybe this guy should consider LAW as a career?

    cnh

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (13)

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Mars Hotel
    Posts
    31,261

    Default

    Not cool.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

    "A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

  7. #7

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Centreville, VA
    Posts
    18

    Default

    I posted a message on the for sale page to the Moderator asking if I could do so and how. Since I don't have 100 posts - I cannot even post a for sale ad. That is not cool --as this POLKIE Central.

    I did not get a reply in a reasonable period of time - so I posted on AudioGon and provided a courtesy to the vintage forum of leting you all know what was out there.

    V/R

    KABII

  8. #8

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Centreville, VA
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danz1906 View Post
    Cool, how does the SDA CRS sound?
    The CRS sounds wonderful. I have to tell you they are 6 ohm speakers so they need a strong amplifier to show their full capabilities. I bought these from a guy in California couple year ago, and two weeks later I wound up buying a pair of SDA 2.3s from WARLOCK on this board. I had coveted the SDA speakers since I first heard them in the later 80s.

    -KABII

  9. #9

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    936

    Default

    Not that I'm a huge fan of skirting the rules, but I gotta say, the 100 post threshold to sell doesn't make a ton of sense to me either. I lurked for a long time while planning my first vintage polk purchase, and it'll probably be a year or so before I break 100 posts. I'm not looking to sell anything anytime soon, but if I was I'd rather start here and deal with people who seem reasonably trustworthy and definitely better informed than the average craigslister. (God I hate craigslist.) Not to mention I like to look here to buy first... makes looking easier than checking CL and audiogon and ebay, etc.

    It'd be cool if the threshold was a little lower or if there was a special forum or sticky thread where untrusted dirtbags like myself could list stuff.

  10. #10

    Member Sales Rating: (49)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wyred 4 Sound
    Posts
    11,225

    Default

    Nobody said you can't buy... I like the new rule myself, I would rather buy from and sell to someone here that is showing an interest in being here IMHO.

    I can honestly say if you posted something for sale with your post count I would not buy from you unless you were local, and I could come buy with money in hand but no way would I send you any money.

    Deal with the rules, but you can buy if the seller wants to sell to you..

    Peace!!!
    No Way But The Hard Way, So Get Used To It!!!

  11. #11

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    GA--Rollin' down Hwy 41
    Posts
    2,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by On3s&Z3r0s View Post
    .....but if I was I'd rather start here and deal with people who seem reasonably trustworthy and definitely better informed than the average craigslister.
    That's the very reason for the 100 post minimum. We want to be able to trust the seller.

  12. #12

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Centreville, VA
    Posts
    18

    Default

    TOOLFORLIFEFAN and Polkersince85:

    I full well understand that rules are in place for a reason. No problem with that. What I do have an issue with, is the inference that I or someone else who is not a 100+ poster on the Polk Forums is anything but honest and sincere. The fact that you equate a higher post count with a higer trust count is absurd. I post here because I want to. It is called Free Speech. I conduct a transaction with a member of this forum only after I have had a chance to speak with these people.

    Remember there is risk in ANY transaction conducted over the internet. The rules are not the issue here. Rules while meant to protect you and yes even me, are not a guarantee. I would appreciate it though if you would stop questioning my ihonesty, ntegrity or intent in the process.

    Build a Bridge and Get over it!

    Peace!

  13. #13

    Member Sales Rating: (13)

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Mars Hotel
    Posts
    31,261

    Default

    Your bridge was built on shaky ground and just fell down.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

    "A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

  14. #14

    Member Sales Rating: (24)

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    all I see is cows and cheese...
    Posts
    4,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    Your bridge was built on shaky ground and just fell down.
    agreed.

    sorry but its annoying to see people who have to just come on a site to sell something and then just leave. Thats why I like the 100 post rule. It makes people acutally contribute to the forum and not just try to huck their stuff to people to make a profit on it ect. Sorry but then going to another area and say oh look I got these for sale is IMO not the correct way to go about it, and is frowned upon.
    2 Channel-
    Soundlab M3PX
    BAT VK-31
    Wyred SX1000 monos
    Esoteric DV50
    Dynavector p75 modded phono stage
    Rega P25 modded-Denon 103R Cart
    Squeezebox Touch
    Modded Music Hall DAC Burson op amps
    Richard Grey 600S
    MIT Shotgun IC's and SC

  15. #15

    Member Sales Rating: (31)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    14,789

    Default

    Bumping this thread to the top isn't helping either.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

  16. #16

    Member Sales Rating: (4)

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KABII View Post
    Hello All,

    If anyone is interested, I have 3 ads posted on AudioGon the following vintage Polk Models:

    RT-20P:
    http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....Tower-Speakers

    RT-8:
    http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....-RT-8-Speakers

    SDA CRS:
    http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....K-CRS-Speakers

    Thanks for your consideration.

    KABII:)
    Reported...I don't know if anyone else has reported this, but I did and I did so because I see this thread getting worse by the minute. I think this is breaking the rules, but I'm not in charge, so someone else can make that decision.

  17. #17

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gatineau, Quebec Canada
    Posts
    4,262

    Exclamation Recommend everyone aware of this thread to report it!

    Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    Your bridge was built on shaky ground and just fell down.
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nut View Post
    Your bridge was built on shaky ground and just fell down.
    While I always considered there was some form of paranoia around the FS forum I agree with F1 statement because of the below.

    Maybe your courtesy reason could have went by if you left it at that but:

    1. After claiming that out of courtesy you are leading Polkies to your good deals on AudioGon you are actually discussing your gear for sale over this site instead of dealing with your potential buyer over AudioGon.

    2. You then challenge the ruling through a so called message to the Mod. Why would a Mod answer such message when the rules are clear about the subject? You should know that the rules aren't open for debate at CP, right?

    3. Knowing that rules aren't open for debate, you now openly challenge people that opposes and try to lead you into abiding by the rules.

    Polk has created CP in order to bring Polk owners close to each others and to the company and the reason for having specific rules in the FS forum is to avoid turning CP into an audiogon or CL thus the minimum of 100 posts. CP exist for Polkies to help each other (contribute). While you have been a member since 2007, you only have 18 posts (however, being a member sice 2007 you had plenty of time to get acquainted with the rules). Do you consider you are a contributing member of CP? I invite you to answer that question yourself by simply going over your post history.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodeo0530 View Post
    Reported...I don't know if anyone else has reported this, but I did and I did so because I see this thread getting worse by the minute. I think this is breaking the rules, but I'm not in charge, so someone else can make that decision.
    I also did since this is exactly what brings Polkies to paranoia when new members come to this site. Personnally I think this thread should not be closed but completely deleted and warning issued to the member if ruling is to be taken seriously. I encourage every Polkies aware of this thread to report it if they haven't done so yet!

    Member advertising FS items on wrong forum and not allowed to do so due to limited post count.
    Last edited by TECHNOKID; 05-09-2010 at 06:06 PM.

  18. #18

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TOOLFORLIFEFAN View Post
    Nobody said you can't buy... I like the new rule myself, I would rather buy from and sell to someone here that is showing an interest in being here IMHO.

    I can honestly say if you posted something for sale with your post count I would not buy from you unless you were local, and I could come buy with money in hand but no way would I send you any money.

    Deal with the rules, but you can buy if the seller wants to sell to you..

    Peace!!!
    Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that I felt like I couldn't buy from someone selling on the forums (although I can't remember exactly what the minimum for sending a PM is even... I may not even be there yet!) And I'll happily obey the rules as they are, but I also think people should be able to discuss the rules. Maybe this thread isn't the right place, but I just wanted to voice the opinion of the guys like me who are new to posting regardless of how long we've been watching the forums.

    To your point about not sending me any money, I wouldn't either. I've done business on Audiogon and even sent a few money orders, but I wouldn't do that unless someone had a lot of good feedback. But, and I would argue this with the utmost respect for your position, people should be able to make their own decisions on who to trust in that regard.

    The long and the short of it, though, is that I love that this community exists, and if the powers that be believe that 100 is where the threshold should be, then I'll assume there's at least a good historical reason for that. But by the same token, I don't think it should be held against someone that they don't have a lot to say. I've been posting recently because 1) I bought my first pair of vintage speaks a few months ago and have been working on rehabbing them, so come here a lot for info, 2) I'm looking for a newer, nicer pair, and 3) I have a lot of unstructured time on my hands (much to my wife's chagrin). But this place can be a little intimidating for a newbie with all the technical expertise and experience floating around, and I feel like mostly I add noise if anything. But as long as the noise is welcome, I'll keep truckin' till I get to a hundie. :)

    Sorry for the rambling, and I promise to be done with this convo. Peace, out.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. 5.1 With Vintage Polks, Anyone?
    By cleure in forum Vintage Speakers
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-15-2013, 06:45 AM
  2. Vintage KEF's versus Vintage Polks?
    By Echosphere in forum Vintage Speakers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-25-2010, 01:25 PM
  3. FS: A few pair of Vintage Polks
    By ND13 in forum For Sale (FS) Classifieds
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-29-2006, 11:14 PM
  4. Vintage Polks for sale
    By ND13 in forum For Sale (FS) Classifieds
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-16-2005, 03:45 PM
  5. Vintage Polks vs Sub/Sat
    By jcuccia in forum Speakers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-26-2003, 12:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts