Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Question pioneer elite sc-25 or pioneer elite vsx92-txh?

Im going to be getting a new receiver this weekend and its between the pioneer elite sc-25 and the pioneer elite vsx92-txh. Price point is about 700 dollars difference with the sc-25 being more expensive as well as 3 years newer. Ill be financing it with 3 years no interest at best buy, so monthly im talking about an 18 or 19 dollar difference. Which receiver is the better receiver for the money ill be spending and which one do you think i should go with? Ive got an amp driving my front 2 speakers if thatll have anything to do with whoever answers this descision, thanks!

Member Sales Rating: (13)

If you search a bit on the forum you will find a ridiculous amount of information about nearly everyone's opinion on these amps.. Multiple huge threads are dedicated purely to the SC pioneers...

I bought an SC-25 a few months ago for my HT system and absolutely love it. I upgraded from an Onkyo SR-601..

Jason
    2-Channel - So far...
    Pre: Dodd ELP
    DAC: W4S-Dac2
    Source(s): Computer and Denon 2910
    Amp: Parasound HCA-1200II
    Speakers: LSi9s - Vr3 Fortress Mod

+1 on luvin the SC-25. The ICE power supply runs cool (I think ICE is B&O's trademarked name for their Class D architecture, but not sure about that). The feature set is fantastic. If you're running Windows 7 or other OS with Media Center and can get the SC-25 on your home network with the PC you can play the music in your media library through the receiver from the PC, and there's minimal setup involved. No intervening extenders (like XBOX), HDMI cables, or any of that crap. It's freakin awesome. And that's just the tip of the iceberg... SC-25 rocks.

The financing sounds like a good deal, but for some reason Best Buy will put those on sale for $999 every several months, which is barely above cost. Then they invariably sell out for a few weeks so your timing on that has to be good.
    Last edited by On3s&Z3r0s; 05-11-2010 at 01:30 AM.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

If you can find the SC-05 you can save yourself some bucks there too. The SC-05 was last yrs model, while the SC-25 replaces the 05. Ask your local BB to see if they can check other stores stock and pull one in for you.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!! !

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...p?userid=73580

Member Sales Rating: (6)

ksnisbet, is using an amp to power up the front speakers, doesn't this skip the D-amp feature on the SC-X receivers.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

I don't think that matters. The SC series will make a better pre/pro and has better DACs and jitter control circuitry, etc.

Definitely buy the SC series! They're worth it...listen to Sherardp...the SC-05 has most of the same features and can still be found cheaper.

cnh

Smile

alright, thanks, thats the one i was leaning towards, the sc-05 isnt listed anywhere on theyre website and i can get 3 years interest free if i spend over a thousand so the sc-25 def. qualifies.......what about yamaha receivers there is one also on there, thats pretty comparable but i dont know how the build is or if it can actually do the 130 watts a channel that it says,, like the pioneer can do, any opinions on that? i believe the model number is rx-v2065bl, its about 400 dollars cheaper and has alot of the same inputs and such, but like i said the build is what im worried about, if i get the pioneer a seperate 3 channel or 5 channel to power the other 3 or 5 speakers i might not need because of it actually doing the rated 140 WPC any thoughts?

also im using an adcom 5800 to power my rti10's, the rest of my speakers are polk as well, will the pioneer receiver make it sound too bright with the equipment i already have?

The IceAmps sound very good, you should be fine.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!! !

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...p?userid=73580

Yeah, it's good for everything... home theater, does music well (probably my speakers are the bigger limiting factor there... not that there's anything wrong with the Monitors). Depending on how many other speakers you're driving you may not even need the separate amp for the fronts. If you bi-amp the fronts and just use the SC-25 to drive the remaining 3 channels you might like the SC-25 as well as the Adcom for that, and it would save you some space. If you're driving 7 channels then the separate amp might not be a bad idea. I don't have any recent experience with Yammys, so I'll reserve my comments there.

Smile

alright sounds good....yah i thought about bi-wiring off of my adcom amp but i didnt know if it would make to much of a difference so i didnt do it yet, im upgrading from an onkyo tx-sr705 so it should be a nice update to the sound the speakers produce. Hopefully if i buy this one, they wont come out with a new model or something haha!

i guess i slightly isread your post about bi-wiring haha, the amp will be superior as it is 250 wpc and the speakers are 300 wpc. Itll actually fit nicely next to my adcom amp so i guess im not hurting for space, thanks for the suggestion though!

Quote Originally Posted by ksnisbet86 View Post
    Im going to be getting a new receiver this weekend and its between the pioneer elite sc-25 and the pioneer elite vsx92-txh. Price point is about 700 dollars difference with the sc-25 being more expensive as well as 3 years newer. Ill be financing it with 3 years no interest at best buy, so monthly im talking about an 18 or 19 dollar difference. Which receiver is the better receiver for the money ill be spending and which one do you think i should go with? Ive got an amp driving my front 2 speakers if thatll have anything to do with whoever answers this descision, thanks!
    As others have suggested, go with the Pioneer SC series , namely the SC-05, SC-07, SC-25 or SC-27.
    They're hard to beat for the money.

Main HT/2 ch:
    Pioneer SC-07, BDP-05FD, Emotiva XPA-5 x 2, XPA-1 x 2,
    Polk Audio LSi25, RTi12 x 2, LSi15 x 4, LSiC x 2, PSW1000 x 4,

MB HT/ 2 ch:
    LG 47LM5800, Pioneer SC-1523, BDP-23FD, Sony BDP-S790, Emotiva XPA-2, XPA-5,
    Polk Audio LSi25,15, CSi5, LSiFX, PSW505 x 4

Listening Room 2 ch:
    McIntosh MC122, MC162, MC202, C15, C41, C42, MA6500, MA6900, MCD201, MCD301, MR85, MX130, MX134
    Emotiva RSP-2, RPA-1, ERC-2
    Adcom GCD 750, GFP 750, GFA 5802
    Polk Audio LSi7,9, 15

Member Sales Rating: (16)

The 92txh receiver is a great sounding receiver. However, if you do end up going that route, you may find as I did that your amp suddenly has some issues with freezing or powering itself off and back on. This is a known issue with that model that requires sending some of the PC boards for repair. Personally, I'd go with the SC if you have the $$.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Home Theater: polkaudio Modded SDA SRS 2.3TL's, LSiM706c, 4 X TC265i Rears, SVS PB12 Plus/2
    Pioneer Elite SC-67, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, Oppo BDP-83[/SIZE]

Thread Information