Today a friend wanted to see the movie "My bloddy Valentine 3D" on my Oppo BDP-83SE:D.
The image quality was amazing and the scenes "3D" are very realistic with effects that are equal to the 3d movie.... Not too shabby. Other notable entries include a hurled pickax that penetrates through the windshield of a pickup and, by extension, seemingly straight through the television/projector screen and into the living room/auditorium, and the barrel of a shotgun that covers the audience from one side to the other.
Generally, the 3D works to fantastic effect, perhaps the best overall presentation yet on the Blu-ray format.
The mine's alarm klaxon, for instance, rings out with a splendid and all-encompassing effect that seems to surround listeners in a realistic circle of sound.
My Bloody Valentine is the first R-rated film to be projected in Real D technology, as seen in films such as Journey to the Center of the Earth.
01) DENON AVR-4308CI: Advanced 7.1 CH/5.1+2 CH/ 3.1+2+2 CH A/V Home Theater /MultiMedia Multi-Source/Zone Receiver with Networking and WiFi/170 watts x 7 channels
02) SUNFIRE Grand Signature - Bob Carver's
03) OPPO BDP-83SE Blu-ray Disc Player w/SACD & DVD-Audio
04) OPPO DV-980H 1080p Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI and 7.1CH Audio
05) DENON DVD-2500BTCI: Blu-ray Disc™ DVD/CD Digital Player/Transport
06) HITACHI P55T501. 55" HD1080 Plasma HDTV
07) POLKAUDIO LSiC (Center speaker)
08) POLKAUDIO LSi15 LEFT (Front speaker)
09) POLKAUDIO LSi15 RIGHT (Front speaker)
10) POLKAUDIO LSiC Vertically (Surround speaker)
11) POLKAUDIO LSiC Vertically (Surround speaker)
12) POLKAUDIO LSif/x LEFT (Surround back speakers)
13) POLKAUDIO LSif/x RIGHT (Surround back speakers)
14) VELODYNE OPTIMUN SERIES 12"(High Output Digital EQ SubWoofer 2400W/1200WRMS)
http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...p?userid=98096 (Not updated)