Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Default Recommend Amp Repair Service for B&K

Hello everyone. Hope all is well. I have a B&K ST-202+ that the left channel recently gave up the ghost due to some carelessness and stupidity on my part. I replaced both fuses on the left hand channel (which were blown), and the left channel still has this scratchy and muffled sound. Fortunately this amp is no longer my primary amp in my two channel rig, but I want to still keep it for backup purposes or to eventually build a second two channel rig in the bedroom. Does anybody have any recommendations on a good repair service for B&K amps?

Part two of this question is I know it's hard to say how costly the repair will be without knowing what is wrong with it, but would I be looking at a repair bill that would be more than what I could pick another ST-202+ on the used market (they go for an average of about $300)? I am wondering if I would just be better off buying another one, but it's hard to say without knowing how much the repair will cost.

Member Sales Rating: (28)

The best place to have a B&K worked on is at B&K (see their website and call them to arrange service). Their rates are reasonable and in most cases does not go much above the basic bench fee. I had an amp worked on by them and the bill was not much more than $100 and with that, they replaced a bunch of parts and put a new case on it with better venting. That was including return shipping as well. It came back in original B&K factory packaging too.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Bill,

Thanks a buch for the advice. It sounds like B&K really treated you well in your repair experience. That's really good to know and all I need to here. I'll send it to B&K. What kind of turnaround did you get? It's really no big deal to me as again this is a backup and my system is going to be down most of the summer anyways, but I was just curious. Thanks again.

Steve

Member Sales Rating: (28)

IIRC, it was less than 2 weeks turnaround.

Member Sales Rating: (9)

I'll be interested to see what happens. I too have an ST-202+ that needs repair. I called their customer service after hearing glowing remarks and felt less than thrilled with their response. Maybe I too should just send it in and see what happens.

Thread Information