Well since I have my SDA 1.2tl's torn down I had a brain storm on the hardware to mount the drivers and passives. I noticed the threaded inserts not really flush to the wood and two of them came out while I was pulling the drivers. so instead of the wood taking the preasure to hold the driver I thought of a way to make a ring with 8-32 standoffs and sandwich the wood instead. I also made a templates to drill out the holes to accommodate the hardware after I take out the threaded inserts that are there of course.
In this pick you can see one of the templates to drill the holes.
This pic shows you one of the rings with the hardware.
Now you can see I will install them from the back side.
This pic/s shows you the hardware that is in it now.
Now the rings for the passives will need to be cut in half to get them in but will work the same non the less,and you can see the template for them as well.