Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 349
  1. #211

    Member Sales Rating: (4)

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Salem, Oregon (Polk county!)
    Posts
    4,098

    Default

    Recieved the rings for the 3.1TL's. Thank you very much Larry. Can't wait to install them and try them out. Should be great!

    Greg

  2. #212

    Member Sales Rating: (49)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wyred 4 Sound
    Posts
    11,030

    Default

    Everyone is shipped!!!!! UPS will pick up the last four today...
    Hot Rodded SDA 1.2TL's, SDA 1C's, SDA CRS+'s...
    Powered By Wyred 4 Sound, STP-SE, SX-1000...
    MIT-Shotgun's ...

  3. #213
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    21,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TOOLFORLIFEFAN View Post
    Everyone is shipped!!!!! UPS will pick up the last four today...
    What do you have clones of you!?! This whole project was done in record time Larry. You are a work horse. Thanks for all you do.

  4. #214

    Member Sales Rating: (49)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wyred 4 Sound
    Posts
    11,030

    Default

    All in all it went smooth,A couple hickups but nothing that couldn't be fixed..;) I know of 2 more that will come up but I'm ready to make them right as well..
    Hot Rodded SDA 1.2TL's, SDA 1C's, SDA CRS+'s...
    Powered By Wyred 4 Sound, STP-SE, SX-1000...
    MIT-Shotgun's ...

  5. #215

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Central Ca
    Posts
    75

    Default

    For the next run... 2.3tl and 3.1tl for me please.

  6. #216

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    11,293

    Default

    Larry,

    What do you think?, One small improvement for the drilling guides:

    Make the guides with arc welded tubes of steel that that look like your threaded tubes but are there only to assist in the drilling process and to keep the drill bit at 90 degrees the whole time.

    Make them like an inch or two in length so that the drill bit has no where to sway.

    Just something that came to my mind while thinking about drilling the original cabinets of my 1.2TL's

    Thanks,

    Sal
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!


    My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/


    It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

    Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

    Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

  7. #217

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    GA--Rollin' down Hwy 41
    Posts
    2,855

    Default

    ^^^
    When you get the drivers out, lay the cabinets flat on the floor and use the guide. This will make life a lot easier. A custom drill guide with bushings would be very exspensive to make. You could make a V-block out of a piece of wood that will assist in a straight hole. Like DK said, use a slower speed on your drill.

  8. #218

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    11,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polkersince85 View Post
    ^^^
    When you get the drivers out, lay the cabinets flat on the floor and use the guide. This will make life a lot easier. A custom drill guide with bushings would be very exspensive to make. You could make a V-block out of a piece of wood that will assist in a straight hole. Like DK said, use a slower speed on your drill.

    Thanks.

    As per the very expensive to make part why would you think so?, I would think that they would cost a little more than the guides we are getting and a little less than the speaker rings because they don't need to be threaded. They just need to have little pipes welded to the guide in the size of a drill bit.

    Sal
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!


    My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/


    It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

    Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

    Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

  9. #219

    Member Sales Rating: (9)

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasareath View Post
    Larry,

    What do you think?, One small improvement for the drilling guides:

    Make the guides with arc welded tubes of steel that that look like your threaded tubes but are there only to assist in the drilling process and to keep the drill bit at 90 degrees the whole time.

    Make them like an inch or two in length so that the drill bit has no where to sway.

    Just something that came to my mind while thinking about drilling the original cabinets of my 1.2TL's

    Thanks,

    Sal
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasareath View Post
    Thanks.

    As per the very expensive to make part why would you think so?, I would think that they would cost a little more than the guides we are getting and a little less than the speaker rings because they don't need to be threaded. They just need to have little pipes welded to the guide in the size of a drill bit.

    Sal


    Laz,

    A simple drill guide would be in order for you;)

    Something like this:http://www.amazon.com/Wolfcraft-Atta...7470410&sr=1-4

    There are many others you could use if you don't like this one.

    I think I can get them close enough without one:p

  10. #220

    Member Sales Rating: (49)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wyred 4 Sound
    Posts
    11,030

    Default

    Sal,
    It's a good idea but not really needed IMO. a Steady hand, Take your time and all will be well. also as busy as the shop is right now, and to add two operations to the task it would slow down what i'm doing for you guys already as well as raise the cost. The last two weeks I have been running on 4-5 hours sleep just too keep up with this and my day job...


    Larry.
    Hot Rodded SDA 1.2TL's, SDA 1C's, SDA CRS+'s...
    Powered By Wyred 4 Sound, STP-SE, SX-1000...
    MIT-Shotgun's ...

  11. #221

    Member Sales Rating: (31)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    14,733

    Default

    Sal, you can pick up a drill guide at Home Depot or Lowes. They're by the router bits in my local HD.

    Thanks again for your efforts Larry!
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

  12. #222

    Member Sales Rating: (3)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    SDA SweetSpot
    Posts
    5,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polkersince85 View Post
    When you get the drivers out, lay the cabinets flat on the floor and use the guide. This will make life a lot easier.
    For me, laying the speakers on the floor and then having to kneel over them while trying to hold the drill steady would have been very awkward since I was concerned with making a straight cut. If someone prefers to lay the cabinets flat, I would advise laying them on a surface that puts them at waist height.

    Keeping the cabinets upright allowed me to keep my body upright and it allowed me to keep my wrists straight and to keep the drill bit perpendicular to, and close to, the the center of my upper body. This facilitated better control over the drill. Most people tend to have better hand/eye coordination when looking ahead than when looking down.

    I started drilling while sitting on the floor, then kneeling, then standing.
    "Polk SDA-SRSs are hopelessly out of date both sonically and technologically... I see no value whatsoever in older SDA speakers."~Audio Asylum Member
    __________________
    "Knowledge, without understanding, is a path to failure."~DK

  13. #223
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    21,321

    Default

    Geez I wish we could merge some of these great installation tips in Darqueknight's review thread. I've become a non-handy guy over the years and don't have my tools anymore and all these tips and Ray's review and how to are a really great help.

  14. #224

    Member Sales Rating: (49)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wyred 4 Sound
    Posts
    11,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarqueKnight View Post
    For me, laying the speakers on the floor and then having to kneel over them while trying to hold the drill steady would have been very awkward since I was concerned with making a straight cut. If someone prefers to lay the cabinets flat, I would advise laying them on a surface that puts them at waist height.

    Keeping the cabinets upright allowed me to keep my body upright and it allowed me to keep my wrists straight and to keep the drill bit perpendicular to, and close to, the the center of my upper body. This facilitated better control over the drill. Most people tend to have better hand/eye coordination when looking ahead than when looking down.

    I started drilling while sitting on the floor, then kneeling, then standing.

    Very Much Agree!!!!! This is how I did mine as well...
    Hot Rodded SDA 1.2TL's, SDA 1C's, SDA CRS+'s...
    Powered By Wyred 4 Sound, STP-SE, SX-1000...
    MIT-Shotgun's ...

  15. #225

    Member Sales Rating: (4)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    772

    Default

    Got my rings yesterday :) Everything looks great! A wonderfully made product James. And made in the USA!! :D Thanks for doing this.

  16. #226
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    21,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by helipilotdoug View Post
    Got my rings yesterday :) Everything looks great! A wonderfully made product James. And made in the USA!! :D Thanks for doing this.
    You are confusing me again Doug aka Joseph A. Who's James!?!:D:p
    Last edited by hearingimpared; 06-26-2010 at 09:57 AM.

  17. #227

    Member Sales Rating: (49)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wyred 4 Sound
    Posts
    11,030

    Default

    I thought Larry was making these not James...
    Hot Rodded SDA 1.2TL's, SDA 1C's, SDA CRS+'s...
    Powered By Wyred 4 Sound, STP-SE, SX-1000...
    MIT-Shotgun's ...

  18. #228
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    21,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TOOLFORLIFEFAN View Post
    I thought Larry was making these not James...
    Maybe he thinks your middle name is James.:D

  19. #229

    Member Sales Rating: (4)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TOOLFORLIFEFAN View Post
    I thought Larry was making these not James...
    LOL, Sorry Larry, I have 2 james' that I'm working with on other projects, and had that name on my brain for some reason. Age surely is creeping up on me!

  20. #230
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    21,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by helipilotdoug View Post
    LOL, Sorry Larry, I have 2 james' that I'm working with on other projects, and had that name on my brain for some reason. Age surely is creeping up on me!
    Hahaha, join the club! You know you're getting old when you get up out of a chair and you hear creaking and cracking eminating from your body that you've never heard before!:D

  21. #231

    Member Sales Rating: (4)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hearingimpared View Post
    Hahaha, join the club! You know you're getting old when you get up out of a chair and you hear creaking and cracking eminating from your body that you've never heard before!:D
    I certainly have noticed it seems like I don't stand up nearly as quickly as I did a few years ago.:( Then there is the knees and hips! :(:( But it's better than being on the wrong side of the dirt!:D:D

  22. #232
    Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (14)

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Newark, Delaware
    Posts
    21,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by helipilotdoug View Post
    I certainly have noticed it seems like I don't stand up nearly as quickly as I did a few years ago.:( Then there is the knees and hips! :(:( But it's better than being on the wrong side of the dirt!:D:D
    Amen! From your mouth to God's ears!;)

  23. #233

    Member Sales Rating: (8)

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Towson, Maryland
    Posts
    2,557

    Default

    Got my rings today. Nice Job Larry. Thanks.

    Scott
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D

  24. #234

    Member Sales Rating: (17)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    11,293

    Default

    Me too I received my rings today!, It was like christmas all over again when i was opening up the package :)

    I guess the cap head screws are for the PR's?
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!


    My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/


    It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

    Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

    Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

  25. #235

    Member Sales Rating: (13)

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Mars Hotel
    Posts
    30,418

    Default

    Sal, the cap head screws are for the mid drivers and the PR's.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

    "A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

  26. #236

    Member Sales Rating: (31)

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    14,733

    Default

    Thanks again Larry!
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

  27. #237

    Member Sales Rating: (49)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wyred 4 Sound
    Posts
    11,030

    Default

    No Problem...;)
    Hot Rodded SDA 1.2TL's, SDA 1C's, SDA CRS+'s...
    Powered By Wyred 4 Sound, STP-SE, SX-1000...
    MIT-Shotgun's ...

  28. #238

    Member Sales Rating: (49)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wyred 4 Sound
    Posts
    11,030

    Default

    There is a couple of you guys that will receive your rings a little late. UPS skipped coming by the shop to do a pick-up. They are on there way.. After I called and raised a little hell that is..


    Larry.
    Hot Rodded SDA 1.2TL's, SDA 1C's, SDA CRS+'s...
    Powered By Wyred 4 Sound, STP-SE, SX-1000...
    MIT-Shotgun's ...

  29. #239

    Member Sales Rating: (1)

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    GA--Rollin' down Hwy 41
    Posts
    2,855

    Default

    Larry, I got the final package today. Great work. I have the "smaller" package sitting on go.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<

  30. #240

    Member Sales Rating: (9)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    1,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TOOLFORLIFEFAN View Post
    Guys I didn't know the SRS 2's had the 15" passives, I thought they had 12's.

    If you ordered SRS 2's please let me know.
    Larry,

    I ordered a set for my SRS2s that arrived with the 12" rings. Let me know what you'd like to do. Maybe I'll just buy a set for the 2Bs, and you could just send 15" passive rings?

    Mike

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Gaskets for MW6XXX
    By brgman in forum Vintage Speakers
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 10-13-2011, 10:58 PM
  2. Wanted 2 SW 120 passives
    By geppy1 in forum Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 11:26 PM
  3. Round 4 Rings for Drivers and Passives.
    By Toolfan66 in forum Vintage Speakers
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 11-29-2010, 08:57 AM
  4. For Sale Round 3 Rings for your Drivers and Passives..
    By Toolfan66 in forum For Sale (FS) Classifieds
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 09-29-2010, 11:24 AM
  5. For Sale Passives---from 11 T----50.00 shipped
    By george daniel in forum For Sale (FS) Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 06:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts