Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Sony STR-DH800 Bi-amp setup

I have the sony STR-DH800 7.1 AVR and have it running on 5.1 I recently purchased the Polk TSI-400's for my front two speakers which can be bi-amped. Now I have read in some other threads on here that you cant/ shouldnt use the 2 open channels, not being used to bi-amp from the AVR, rather buy another amp(this is not currently in budget though). whats weird is on the sony web site under audio for the AVR it says Bi-Amp: yes. this leads me to believe that maybe it is possible to run 4 channels to the 2 speakers off the one reciever (or it is just saying you can connect another 2nd amp). The set up already sounds great as is but any improvment is always a plus. I will read the instructions closer but any help would be nice. thanks

Member Sales Rating: (1)

The TSI line is pretty darn easy to drive,no need for bi-amping. When you bi-amp off the receiver,your still sharing the same power supply, which is why most will recommend seperate amps. Personally, You'd be waisting your coin bi-amping these, the benefit would be minimal at best. Just run them straight off the receiver and enjoy. Save your coin and move up the speaker chain when you can.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

thanks brother, they already sound great as is, so good to know i shouldnt waste my time

Thread Information