Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by tophatjohnny View Post
    Larry, I didn't take pics as I was working along here. I see so many pics here on the forum I thought redundant to take and post. I can add that your rings come packaged like a pro and you make it so easy do do this. I feel that if anyone is on on the fence in doing this, get off the the fence and order yours. The install is fun and if I can do it.. ANYONE CAN DO IT!! I did one at a time, standing up position and no need to remove anything except the tweeeetrs, drivers and PR. Easy and fun. I am happy I did it and if I ever get another SDA set, I will do it again!!
    Adding a special thanks to DK for the cool review, teekay0007 for great pics sent to my email, soundfreak1 for great pics and littlewoodboats for the time spent over the phone while I had some questions. Great to have members here that are willing to help each other do stuff like this.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it!!"

so what are your thoughts on the sound after the upgrades? Worth the money, time and effort?
    Speakers
    Energy RC-70 Mains, Energy RC-LRC Center, Energy RC-R (x4) Rear Channels, Energy RC-R (x2) Front Effects
    Polk 5jr+
    Polk SDA 2B

Equipment
    Panamax 5510 Re-generator Power Conditioner
    Yamaha RX-V3800 Receiver
    Digital Sources: Sony CDP-X339ES CD Player, HHB CDR830 BurnIt Professional CD Recorder, Sony PS3, Oppo DV-983H DVD Player
    Analog Sources: Sony TC-K890ES Cassette, Nakamichi DR-1 Cassette, Technics SL-7 Turntable

Member Sales Rating: (49)

Quote Originally Posted by GospelTruth View Post
    so what are your thoughts on the sound after the upgrades? Worth the money, time and effort?
    It's the Gospel Truth it's worth the money, time, and effort..
    No Way But The Hard Way, So Get Used To It!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toolfan66 View Post
    It's the Gospel Truth it's worth the money, time, and effort..
    That is true! They are all worth the upgrade. I was just wondering what Tophatjohnny thought of the mods he had done. I guess I should have not made such a vague comment. Hopefully we'll hear what his thoughts were on the upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by GospelTruth View Post
    That is true! They are all worth the upgrade. I was just wondering what Tophatjohnny thought of the mods he had done. I guess I should have not made such a vague comment. Hopefully we'll hear what his thoughts were on the upgrade.
    Hey. I was a little scared to do anything to my 1B's that involved removing the drivers and PR, so once I got over that.............., piece of cake. Really. Steve, (littlewoodboats) was very helpful over the phone when this was going on, (bless him) and that sure made the project nice, and fun too, as Steve is fun to talk to and tells it like it is. For instance, I told him I was going to remove the insulation and crossovers, and he said...."why"?? Then explained he never did, and what a relief that was. You do not have to remove anything except the drivers and PR to do this project. REALLY!!! Having a nice vacuum is a good idea! I did one side at a time. Listened to the set up that way for an evening and even the wife even said that the modded speaker was sounding a lot nicer. Words from TV programming were more pronounced and the overall quality jumped on a scale of 1-10.......I'm saying a strong 8! If that's not strong enough to get off the couch for those that have not yet added Larry rings to your SDA's, I don't know what else to say. Larry provides everything you need. I was probably one of Larry's biggest pests, asking what size screws to buy (as I didn't know Larry sends you everything) and he still put up with me?? Man I dig him! If you haven't done this, DO IT!!!

TopHat
    Last edited by tophatjohnny; 03-05-2013 at 05:32 PM.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it!!"

I have done this mod on two different sets of SDA's (both modded with new xovers and tweets to just name a few changes)1.2LTs and 1C's . Installing Larry's rings was absolutely worth it, more than worth it. It just made the speakers sound like they were on a different level, things just got tighter, cleaner and more detailed.

Highly recommended.

Toolfan66
    I'd like to get a set of these rings for my SDA 1B's and eventually a set of SDA 2's that I'll be picking up in a month or so.

I can't PM you as my post count isn't up to 10 yet.

Welcome

10 posts is easy show us what you got, pictures need to be below 300k to post and what are your interests and plans for your system

Quote Originally Posted by ZaPHoN View Post
    Toolfan66
    I'd like to get a set of these rings for my SDA 1B's and eventually a set of SDA 2's that I'll be picking up in a month or so.

I can't PM you as my post count isn't up to 10 yet.

OK guys, finally getting back into the ClubPolk scene and am still loving (and wanting to improve) my SDA-CRS+'s (and my recent find, some Monitor 5Bs)! Now, I remember a LONG time ago that the rings Toolfan made had reached their "production run."

I was sad.

Now... it seems that... if I'm reading everything correctly... these are being made again? If that's the case... I want in!

It's nice to be back, either way! Thanks guys!

PM him, I just got a set for my 2.3's three or four weeks ago
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV

Member Sales Rating: (17)

I bought like 3 full sets for 1.2TLs and haven't put any in yet. I just don't have any free time :(
    Polk Audio SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    With new Exotic wood, Sonicaps, Mills & RDO198's - Born on 4-24-1989 and Signed by Matthew Polk!!!!

My Polk SDA SRS 1.2TL's http://www.LASAREATH.com/

It All Started here: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath2

Part Deux: http://tinyurl.com/lasareath3

Car Stereo---->http://www.salsleaf.com/leaf_stereo/index.htm<---- NEW for 2013

Done! I finally have a tidbit of time and a new (to me) pair of Monitor 5's to use while the CRS's are "under the knife." The sequestration has put the halt to military bands touring, so our performances are local, giving me that extra bit of home time!

Member Sales Rating: (49)

I will touch base with you in the AM, I have been at the hospital all day..
    No Way But The Hard Way, So Get Used To It!!!

Thread Information