Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by chumlie View Post
    Mearle's gonna have a tough time when the gov finds Michone is still around.
    Yeah, Chum, I agree. But he's dangerous and obviously a survivor so it could end up with the Gov. in trouble.

Having said that, I am anticipating that in the end, it will come down to Daryl having to make a choice between killing Merle or betraying the group somehow.
    Modest HT - Pioneer VSX 821K, RT800i, CS400i center, RT25i surrounds, Velodyne CHT-10 sub, Belkin PF30.
    Bedroom - Yamaha RX-V373, Monitor 7C, CS400 center

WTF, February. Stay tuned. Great show last night but i'm really hating this waiting game the networks are doing now by splitting the seasons.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I agree! there is definitely a good mid season hanger here. Im a little upset becuase in the look ahead, I didnt see any clips with Darrel.......
    2.0 - Zu Audio Omen MK-1B's, Peachtree Decco65 ,Zu Mission SC's, Audio Technica TT, Bugle2 & Bottlehead Reduction Phono Pre's, PS Audio UPC200, Doug's Int's
    HT - Anthem MRX300, RTIA3's, RTIA1's, CSIA4, DSW400, 55ST30, APC H15, 360 Elite, Panny DMP-BD35K

Rice is great when you're hungry and you want 2,000 of something - MH

Looking for new homes....
    MIT EXp2 Cables
    Anthem MCA20
    Polk RTiA5's

The problem now is that the continuation of this zombie apocalypse is almost two months after the Mayan apocalypse. We will see which one is stronger.

Great episode, though and a good cliff hanger ending.
    Modest HT - Pioneer VSX 821K, RT800i, CS400i center, RT25i surrounds, Velodyne CHT-10 sub, Belkin PF30.

Darryl is in the promo for next year which is kind of dumb.Now you know he makes it out.Same with blondie.
    They show Rick Darryl Glenn Maggie Michonne etc so other than merle we know they all make it.
    Good move by AMC to play every episode on New Years to get even more people into it.
    Fun show.

I really enjoy this episode cant wait to see the last one.

Member Sales Rating: (24)

Anyone watch last night? Setting up to be a pretty good season IMO. Cant wait for the two communities to clash and see what happens.

Anyone else keep up with the Walking Dead comic? I generally think the show is better, but the Governor in the comic is a much more interesting character. Comic Governor was flat-out twisted, and after everything went down, you wanted him to die in the most gruesome way imaginable. You don’t get that feeling with the governor in the show.
    My System Showcase!

Media Room
    Paradigm Studio 60 - Paradigm CC-690 - Paradigm ADP-390 - Epik Empire - Anthem MRX300 - Emotiva XPA-5

Living-room
    Paradigm MilleniaOne - Rythmik F12GSE - Onkyo TX-SR805 - Adcom 5400

Headphones
    Sennheiser Momentum Over-Ear - Shure SE215 - Fiio E18 Kunlun

Kind of a letdwn i thought. Getting tired of Rick the spazz. Good to see Darryl back on the show. Next weeks looks better.

Member Sales Rating: (8)

At a comfortable distance.... gaining perspective

Quote Originally Posted by mystik610 View Post
    Anyone else keep up with the Walking Dead comic? I generally think the show is better, but the Governor in the comic is a much more interesting character. Comic Governor was flat-out twisted, and after everything went down, you wanted him to die in the most gruesome way imaginable. You don’t get that feeling with the governor in the show.
    Yes, yes I do.

Member Sales Rating: (3)

The Gov. in the show is a real creep and I think the people can see it now. Andrea needs to wake the hell up and get away from him.

Or, let that black angel of death finish him off !

Yes! The group(Rick's) needs to keep Michonne around!
    Last edited by Polkie2009; 02-11-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gdb View Post
    Yes, yes I do.
    Comic book governor tortured and raped Michonne (who was captured in the comic, instead of Maggie) repeatedly, while Glenn listened in the adjoining room. He also cut Rick’s hand off and fed it to zombie Penny, and killed Tyrese (who was Rick’s right hand man, similar to Daryl’s role in the show), with Michonne’s sword (Tyrese and Michonne had a romantic relationship in the show).

The fight between the Governor and Michonne was more poetic because of what had happened in the comic. It was also more gruesome …she basically mutilated him and came just short of killing him.

Overall the show has been better than the comic, but the TV governor, and the whole Prison arc feels a little watered down so far. I’m hoping they kick the prison arc up a notch going forward.
    My System Showcase!

Media Room
    Paradigm Studio 60 - Paradigm CC-690 - Paradigm ADP-390 - Epik Empire - Anthem MRX300 - Emotiva XPA-5

Living-room

Headphones

After the somewhat slow start to last season, I think the second half of that season and the first half of this season have been awesome. Tons of zombies, lots of action and inter-action.

I read some of the comics, about the first 45 or so, and I like the TV show story a little better.

Love this season and last nights episode. This is just one of the best dramas out there, Even without the zombie subtext it could survive on the strength of its writing and fully-developed characters. I was worried when Darabont left, but the show (and pace) actually improved. Now Mazzara's leaving, hope the quality remains.

The show did__ get better after Darabont left.

Member Sales Rating: (31)

I was underwhelmed by the last episode, hopefully things pick back up soon.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Member Sales Rating: (11)

I didn't find anything underwhelming or overwhelming, same note as to speak... Still good. Apparently there will be 4th season. I wonder if they will ever finish this show.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    I didn't find anything underwhelming or overwhelming, same note as to speak... Still good. Apparently there will be 4th season. I wonder if they will ever finish this show.
    Like most shows, as long as it remains good and ratings stay high enough, it'll go on.
    I'm not saying she's a slut, but if her vagina had a password...it would be password.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
    On The Talking Dead last year, Kirkman said that there's not really an end to it. He feels like there will always be more stories to tell as he introduces new characters. So I think, Strong Bad, hit the nail on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo18 View Post
    On The Talking Dead last year, Kirkman said that there's not really an end to it. He feels like there will always be more stories to tell as he introduces new characters. So I think, Strong Bad, hit the nail on the head.
    Agreed, but TWD is by far the highest rated cable television show. 12.3 million viewer tuned in last week (which was record breaking), only the Grammy's could beat that number. I just don't see AMC quitting any time soon. This is probably the first television show that could literally kill off all of its main characters and still go on like nothing happened. I watched season one last week, and there were people on there that I completely forgot about. Remember when shows like Friends, Seinfeld, Cheers....ETC...these shows had times where they held out for more money, the actors wanted more money because they knew the viewers were emotionally invested. I don't think the viewers are as emotional about Rick, Carl, Andrea, and Lori.

When Lori died most people were relieved, they hated her. What about Shane? People were calling for his head since season one, and were happy to see him gone. Look at this thread.....we have moved our hatred of the characters to Rick now, would anyone miss Andrea if some random walker took her out? I think Darryl is the only one that you would see a strong reaction too if he died. For some reason people can connect with him. Who here was upset when he left the group to rejoin his brother? I know I was. So what I am getting at is this show continues huge ratings despite killing off people all the time. And this show can get away with it because we ultimately want to see it. And this show now competes with the likes of American Idol, something that a lot of people thought would be untouchable.

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/...atings-record/
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png

Well said avelanchefan! Practically anyone is fair game on this show to be taken out at anytime. Rick, Darryl and Michone are your safest to stay around. Everyone else, open game and thats a huge thing that I like about the show. I did hear rumors that the father and son from the first season (saved Rick and took him in) may be coming back. They split from Rick in Season 1 and were not heard from since.
    I'm not saying she's a slut, but if her vagina had a password...it would be password.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Bad View Post
    Well said avelanchefan! Practically anyone is fair game on this show to be taken out at anytime. Rick, Darryl and Michone are your safest to stay around. Everyone else, open game and thats a huge thing that I like about the show. I did hear rumors that the father and son from the first season (saved Rick and took him in) may be coming back. They split from Rick in Season 1 and were not heard from since.
    Would love to see the man and boy return. I hope they do!
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png

Great points all. A show that doesn't survive on star-power, but quality writing. Although from what I understand they don't adhere to it, I have intentionally avoided reading the source material because I like not knowing what will occur. Here's to an unlimited shelf life as long as the stories remain interesting.

Member Sales Rating: (24)

Man I'm hooked. I just picked up season 1&2 on blu ray. Just finished them. Im late into season 3 so im gonna wait til it hits blu ray.
    mole'

Quote Originally Posted by ericks0ns View Post
    Great points all. A show that doesn't survive on star-power, but quality writing. Although from what I understand they don't adhere to it, I have intentionally avoided reading the source material because I like not knowing what will occur. Here's to an unlimited shelf life as long as the stories remain interesting.
    It's worth reading, IMO. The comic and the show follow the same Arc's, but the storylines are different enough to stand on their own. Nothing is necessarily spoiled by reading the comic (at the time the comic was at the same point as the show now, there were characters still alive in the show that aren't in the comic, and vice versa).

The video game is actually really good too, and worth playing even if you're not into video games. It's more of an interactive movie in which you're presented choices that can affect the story. It's a separate storyline that in some ways I like better than the show/comic.
    My System Showcase!

Media Room

Living-room

Headphones

Enough of this Rick in crazytown crap, its old already. Good to see the brothers back together and kickin' ass. Good show tonight.

Darn good show last night, great shootout at the end at the prison, old Axel took it for the team. Anybody else yelling at the tv set for someone__ on Team Rick could freaking shoot straight enough and hit one of the Gov.'s guys on the guard tower??? Jeez..., finally someon picks him off. Hurrah for Darryl and Merle coming back, thr group needs them and they need the group, now the group needs to go after the Gov.and it ain't going to be pretty. Hopefully Andrea will come back to Team Rick:). Can I just say that Scott Wilson is a great_ actor and I'm glad he's on this show.

Merle needs to become walker lunch, karma demands it !

Thread Information