Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    33

    Default I NEED EXACT measurements for a dual seal box for SR124DVC subs

    Please I need,want some help with building a box for these subs...I really DON'T want to blow these.I read a lot people having problems with the lead or the voice coil going out.So Any help would be nice .

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Here are the box plans from polks website. It's for a single sealed box. I would just build two of them. But I'm not an expert.

    http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/su...ments=standard

    Driver Properties
    Name SR124 (4 ohm)
    Diameter 12 in.
    No. of Drivers 1
    Fs 29
    Qms 6.9
    Vas 53 Liters
    Xmax 16.25 mm / 0.64 in
    Sd 499 sq. cm / 77.35 sq. in
    Qes 0.58
    Z 4 ohm
    Pe 1400



    Box Properties
    Type Single Sealed
    Shape square
    Enclosure details 1.20 cu. ft. (33.98 liters)

    Overall External Dimensions
    Width 16" (40.64cm)
    Height 18" (45.72cm)
    Depth 11-1/2" (29.21cm)

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p0wd3rmnky View Post
    Here are the box plans from polks website. It's for a single sealed box. I would just build two of them. But I'm not an expert.

    http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/su...ments=standard

    Driver Properties
    Name SR124 (4 ohm)
    Diameter 12 in.
    No. of Drivers 1
    Fs 29
    Qms 6.9
    Vas 53 Liters
    Xmax 16.25 mm / 0.64 in
    Sd 499 sq. cm / 77.35 sq. in
    Qes 0.58
    Z 4 ohm
    Pe 1400



    Box Properties
    Type Single Sealed
    Shape square
    Enclosure details 1.20 cu. ft. (33.98 liters)

    Overall External Dimensions
    Width 16" (40.64cm)
    Height 18" (45.72cm)
    Depth 11-1/2" (29.21cm)
    Im not either...So do I double the specs???

  4. #4
    Polk Customer Service
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Polk Audio
    Posts
    723

    Default

    Here are the specs for a common chamber dual sealed enclosure that has a net volume of 2.5 cubic feet.

    Box Parts (Square Prism)
    1 Top, 1 Bottom: 13.27 (c) x 30 (b) in
    0.75 (thick) in
    1 Front, 1 Back: 14.5 (a) x 28.5 (d) in
    0.75 (thick) in
    2 Sides: 14.5 (a) x 13.27 (c) x 0.75 (thick) in

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Here are the specs for a common chamber dual sealed enclosure that has a net volume of 2.5 cubic feet.

    Box Parts (Square Prism)
    1 Top, 1 Bottom: 13.27 (c) x 30 (b) in
    0.75 (thick) in
    1 Front, 1 Back: 14.5 (a) x 28.5 (d) in
    0.75 (thick) in
    2 Sides: 14.5 (a) x 13.27 (c) x 0.75 (thick) in
    Thanks Mr. Kim I was hoping you might show up on here.I will be putting this together A.S.A.P. :)!Oh and you too p0wd3rmnky thanks.
    Last edited by Marvelous Marv; 07-30-2010 at 08:35 AM.

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    372

    Default

    If you plan on going ported here is the specs on that:

    http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/su...ments=standard


    Driver Properties
    Name SR124 (4 ohm)
    Diameter 12 in.
    No. of Drivers 2
    Fs 29
    Qms 6.9
    Vas 53 Liters
    Xmax 16.25 mm / 0.64 in
    Sd 499 sq. cm / 77.35 sq. in
    Qes 0.58
    Z 4 ohm
    Pe 1400




    Box Properties
    Type Dual Ported
    Shape Square
    Comment 1 Vent (2.5 inches high x 13.5 inches wide x 15 inches long)
    Enclosure details 3.28 cu. ft. (92.82 liters)


    Overall External Dimensions
    Width 36" (91.44cm)
    Height 15" (38.10cm)
    Depth 16" (40.64cm)

    Sorry about that did not read main post. You wanted sealed. My bad.
    Last edited by KaosTsoc; 07-30-2010 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Did not read main question

  7. #7

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KaosTsoc View Post
    If you plan on going ported here is the specs on that:

    http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/su...ments=standard


    Driver Properties
    Name SR124 (4 ohm)
    Diameter 12 in.
    No. of Drivers 2
    Fs 29
    Qms 6.9
    Vas 53 Liters
    Xmax 16.25 mm / 0.64 in
    Sd 499 sq. cm / 77.35 sq. in
    Qes 0.58
    Z 4 ohm
    Pe 1400




    Box Properties
    Type Dual Ported
    Shape Square
    Comment 1 Vent (2.5 inches high x 13.5 inches wide x 15 inches long)
    Enclosure details 3.28 cu. ft. (92.82 liters)


    Overall External Dimensions
    Width 36" (91.44cm)
    Height 15" (38.10cm)
    Depth 16" (40.64cm)

    Sorry about that did not read main post. You wanted sealed. My bad.
    No biggie.But these are made sealed correct???Now If I could go ported...Won't I blow these subs?and how much power to give them?

  8. #8

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Those are for a slot port box. You are correct you could blow the subs if in a ported box, however that is where tuning, and the correct amp power comes into play. If I am correct they can handle a total of at least 1400 watts according to the spec's. So, that would be a good starting point. Now for a sealed box the subs can handle a little more power because, there is not air freely moving.

    Start with how much room you can afford to take up with the box, and go from there. In fact if you could supply that... That would be helpful.

  9. #9

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KaosTsoc View Post
    Those are for a slot port box. You are correct you could blow the subs if in a ported box, however that is where tuning, and the correct amp power comes into play. If I am correct they can handle a total of at least 1400 watts according to the spec's. So, that would be a good starting point. Now for a sealed box the subs can handle a little more power because, there is not air freely moving.

    Start with how much room you can afford to take up with the box, and go from there. In fact if you could supply that... That would be helpful.
    Going in a 92 buick lesabre.So what amp to get?I was thinking an Audioque 1200d, or something similar...since i have the Dvc's.I currently have an Hifonics Brutus 1700.1 i know TOO much power.

  10. #10

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Well I have to assume that you already have a system them????? However you still did not answer the question (not trying to be rude, just staying on track). How much room can you afford to take up in the trunk??? Do you use the trunk for anything else other than box it's self???

    As for you brutus amp, in fact if you wired the subs down to a 2 ohm load that would be just fine. It would be a little under power of the internal rms of the subs, but that should be fine. Now I dont know off hand if the subs can be wired down to 1 ohm (dont see why not), but if you can get it down to 1 ohm you would be prefectly fine, in fact that put about 1700 watts divided by 2 that is about 850 watts per sub. So, you might be just fine with the brutus. As for the Audioque 1200D you would be stepping down way down. Again it all comes down tuning of the amps freq, and the box.

  11. #11

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KaosTsoc View Post
    Well I have to assume that you already have a system them????? However you still did not answer the question (not trying to be rude, just staying on track). How much room can you afford to take up in the trunk??? Do you use the trunk for anything else other than box it's self???

    As for you brutus amp, in fact if you wired the subs down to a 2 ohm load that would be just fine. It would be a little under power of the internal rms of the subs, but that should be fine. Now I dont know off hand if the subs can be wired down to 1 ohm (dont see why not), but if you can get it down to 1 ohm you would be prefectly fine, in fact that put about 1700 watts divided by 2 that is about 850 watts per sub. So, you might be just fine with the brutus. As for the Audioque 1200D you would be stepping down way down. Again it all comes down tuning of the amps freq, and the box.
    The system yea I have it but its not installed i gots the db691,db651, and the sr's.Ima change the fronts to some comps.ok I named the car because it has a huge trunk...no more than 3.5 cube cuz I want to still have a trunk when all said and done.as for running these in 2 ohms, not happenin' on one amp...Because their "DVC" subs.I mention the aq 1200d for that simple fact...I don't wanna overpower them,I want sq or just alittle sql:)

  12. #12

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous Marv View Post
    The system yea I have it but its not installed i gots the db691,db651, and the sr's.Ima change the fronts to some comps.ok I named the car because it has a huge trunk...no more than 3.5 cube cuz I want to still have a trunk when all said and done.as for running these in 2 ohms, not happenin' on one amp...Because their "DVC" subs.I mention the aq 1200d for that simple fact...I don't wanna overpower them,I want sq or just alittle sql:)
    Oh and I have an kenwood excelon kdc-x493.

  13. #13

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Here is a good website that will let you play around with measurements.

    http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp#rec

    I would say that if you trunk is 3.5 Ft3, and you have two subs, and put them in a sealed box, (basically doubleing the space needed for one) 1.2 + 1.2 = 2.4 Ft3. So, this could be a good starting point. Also measure your trunk to the space that is best for you as well. So, lets say you only want to take up about half the trunk space, then you would measure HxWxL, and account for wood thickness as well. The website that I have listed here for you will let you play with number, speaker wiring, and final load etc etc. I know that there is another website that does this as well, but only sub box related. I can find it right now, but if I do find it, I will post here for you. You can also use the T/S parameters as well on this site.

    This will also show how if you wire your subs in either parallel, or series what the final load will be that the amp should see as well. Hope this helps.

    Thanks.

  14. #14

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KaosTsoc View Post
    Here is a good website that will let you play around with measurements.

    http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp#rec

    I would say that if you trunk is 3.5 Ft3, and you have two subs, and put them in a sealed box, (basically doubleing the space needed for one) 1.2 + 1.2 = 2.4 Ft3. So, this could be a good starting point. Also measure your trunk to the space that is best for you as well. So, lets say you only want to take up about half the trunk space, then you would measure HxWxL, and account for wood thickness as well. The website that I have listed here for you will let you play with number, speaker wiring, and final load etc etc. I know that there is another website that does this as well, but only sub box related. I can find it right now, but if I do find it, I will post here for you. You can also use the T/S parameters as well on this site.

    This will also show how if you wire your subs in either parallel, or series what the final load will be that the amp should see as well. Hope this helps.

    Thanks.
    Thanks for your help dude:D.i will be able to do a lot with that site.I'll post back when i get everything setup.Deuces

  15. #15

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    0

    Default

    Build it 1.25cu ft per sub min for an SQ setup. Don't forget to include 0.14cu ft that each speaker takes up. So min ends up being 1.39cu ft per sub internal volume.
    Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 2007
    Pioneer DEX-P99RS, IPOD Touch 64gb, Rockford Fosgate T1000-4, T600-2 & T1500-1bd CP
    Polk Audio SR speakers, 6.5's, 5.25's, SR tweets and 2 SR124-DVC subs in 1.57cu ft sealed enclosures

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. I NEED EXACT measurements for a dual seal box for SR124DVC subs
    By Marvelous Marv in forum Car Audio & Electronics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-31-2010, 10:44 PM
  2. Need Help I NEED EXACT measurements for a dual seal box for SR124DVC subs
    By Marvelous Marv in forum Subwoofer Hookup & Bass Management
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 06:14 PM
  3. Dual subs - NHT
    By ViperZ in forum Speakers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-29-2010, 01:11 PM
  4. Dual Subs
    By austina007 in forum Basic Hookup/Wiring Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-27-2006, 03:48 AM
  5. dual subs?
    By hexumjunkie in forum Basic Hookup/Wiring Questions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2005, 04:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts