Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default waterproof marine use speakers

I'm looking to add some tunes to my fishing boat. I need to find a pair of speakers that can stand up to the sal****er environment and be sprayed off with a hose at the end of the day. The Atrium 45's and 55's look decent on paper but I'm wondering about the sensitivity. I only plan on running a receiver without any other amplification so they need to be able to play fairly loud on their own. One other requirement is they must be bracket mountable. Any ideas?
    SDS-400, SDA-1B, SVS 20-39pc+, B&K Ref 50, Denon 2900

Member Sales Rating: (27)

My Dad has the Atrium 55's, he runs them with a 300 watt Yamaha Amp. But my basic POS yammer hammer receiver could make them blow out 98db! lol! They sing too, they sound like home speakers. After about 3 weeks of break in, they rock da boat or house or w/e
    www.Vr3Mods.com ///// www.Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

Member Sales Rating: (40)

The Atriums are perfect for the job.

Troy is driving some overseas right now with a TINY Realistic 10 wpc int. amp.

If you want more eff. outdoor speakers, look at Klipsch.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

Thanks for the advice. I went to Klipsch's web site and can't find any speakers that are waterproof though. I completely spray my boat out and the speakers will get it too.

Russ said eff outdoor speakers. He mentioned Klipsch becuase of their high sensativity, which you seem to be worried about.

Kind of a bad idea IMHO, home speakers outside, even if you take them in, (that's kind of a hassle), if you're using them on a boat theres the extra space you need and don't forget unexpected water damage, waves and such.

Member Sales Rating: (40)

Klipsch makes outdoor speakers you dope!

I meant 'eff.' short for 'efficient', not eff as in 'f%^k outdoor speakers'. ;)

Cheers,
    Russ
    Last edited by RuSsMaN; 06-17-2003 at 08:29 PM.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo - i see.........

Go to the product search thing, there is a "all weather" selection avalible. Well, I done never saw the outdoors on their site before. :( :o

Although......I did see a guy with TOTL Klipsch towers (98dB) and set amps once.......
    Last edited by rs159; 06-17-2003 at 08:40 PM.

Member Sales Rating: (7)

lookin' for fava beans and a nice chianti

Yes, the Atriums would be a good choice, as Russ pointed out, I am using a 10wpc integrated so you will be fine...

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut

http://www.myhometheater.homestead.c...alculator.html

Hmmmmm.......open air, 90dB, I'll assume 7 feet.....10 watts would get you 96.4dB. Not to say that is the Holy Bible, but just for ****s and giggles.

100 (real) watts would be too much even for (and I hope you never do this on the boat ;) ) drunken listening.

Then Atriums it will be. I'm thinking that from what I read about them they will be able to take a complete washdown as long as I keep it short.

Member Sales Rating: (27)

Ive sprayed the Antrium's with a pressure washer on max...they lived. Still work...that answer your question? lol
    www.Vr3Mods.com ///// www.Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

Member Sales Rating: (7)

lookin' for fava beans and a nice chianti

kelley,

I've pressure washed mine more than a few times (they are exposed to non stop blowing sand and dust) and haven't had a bit of problem....

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut

Thread Information