Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Default Anyone participate in any good tax advice forums?

I know, CP folks (especially in the Clubhouse) are a great resource for... well, just about anything. I just feel stupid broadcasting my tax issues here. I filed an extension and an estimated payment on April 15. I just had a few little issues to figure out how to handle, so I decided to read some IRS publications. before I knew it, I was more confused than before. I use TurboTax, but that didn't quite help me either. I think I better get crackin' on it now! October will be here before I know it.

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Screw that! I'd rather pay a professional to get it right the first time than to deal with an entity so large and rather non-willing to correct their mistake while at the same time raping you unforgivably if you make the smallest of mistakes.

OK, that was a bad sentence but I had to get all that out in one shot. There's no way in hell I'd trust someone else I've never met online to give me advice about MY financial or tax situation.
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

So how do you really feel? ;)

Generally, I agree with you, but I hate paying for simple things. My situation is one that many people have dealt with and just understand better than me. If it was horribly complicated and involved lots of money... yeah, I'd make the decision to hire a professional.

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Hey, that's spoken from true experience. I relied on advice from a stranger that was supposedly well versed on tax situations. It ended up taking me 6 years of BS to get it all straightened out and let me tell you, it was a complete NIGHTMARE. Working with the government on tax issues is no picnic.

This was on a taxable year I got a tax refund and Uncle Sam as well as the State of North Carolina claimed I owed $4,700.00. They ended up garnishing my wages and I had to hire a tax professional I still work with to straighten it out. I got all my money back eventually but it took me [as I said] 6 years, a plethora of paperwork, faxes, signatures, updates, receipts, copies, forms, meetings and phone calls to straighten it all out. In the end, the advice I got cost me $1,200 to fix. That money I never got back.

Never again.
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

Yikes!!

Ok, a few buck on a pro might be money well spent... I'm just so dang adverse to paying people for services, but maybe I'll bite the bullet on this one. I have no desire to go down the road you went down. It disgusts me that it's not simpler, and in the great scheme of things, individuals like us don't even matter. They probably spent more on your case than they collected from you during that time. Sad and frustrating at the same time.

Member Sales Rating: (11)

What's the issue you are facing? IIRC you can pay by the hour for phone advice from a Tax Resources professional through Turbotax. The Turbotax forums are also an avenue for you. And for peace of mind, buy the Tax Resources service to deal with the IRS in the event you are contacted by the IRS. For $40 per return, you have the peace of mind that they will act as your rep. with the IRS. You are asked about this during the Turbotax interview.

Thread Information