Hang on...this could be wordy!
I have been following you guys for awhile now. Have done a ton of research (this site and many others). Listening sessions for the speakers I have been considering aren't really possible anyway, so I have to rely on places such as this. My budget is limited to under $1000. I think I have drawn to the conclusion that my next speaker is going to be the 1C's. I have always liked a wide soundstage, in fact, always thought most systems lacked in it - even ones at the old Stereophile Shows with jaw-dropping budgets. I have never heard SDA's, but sounds like they're up my alley. I have been keeping an eye out and have found a pair in pretty good shape in my state (though haven't seen them yet) and a halfway decent price, but......will they work for me?
- My room size: 14x20
- Powering them (for now): B&K 125.7 S2 amp (bi-amp?), Cary SLP30 tube Pre, Pioneer Elite PD-65, Audioquest GR8 speaker cables
- I listen to Rock/Metal/Pop mostly (concerned there might be too much processing in the engineering?)
- I mainly listen at low to moderate volumes
- I currently have Boston Acoustics previous flagship VRM-90 (picked them out mainly for HT)
- I've also owned Legacy Signature II's (definitely better than the BA's, but wife didn't like looks for new home at the time....now that doesn't matter - going into man cave)
PS: They are missing the stock IC cord, but sounds like I can purchase a better one from Ben anyway.