Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default How much of a music nerd/snob are you?

Go on....be honest....

http://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/how...c-nerd-are-you

I got 26/100....

Youíre a major music nerd, and most people in your life consider you to be an expert. Youíre very committed, but thereís some lines you donít cross.

Member Sales Rating: (17)

Damn, I got a 46/100.

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Descending toward the moon in the CLEM (Chinese Lunar Excursion Module), looking for Chang'e

14/100 boys! Let's see someone go LOWER!

For me music is something I engage to give my constantly "reflecting" and "introspective" self a freaking break. I rarely hear any lyrics unless I make an EFFORT to, because that's too LEFT brain for what I'm looking for. And I could care less about music journalism and band histories...just more DATA to process in an already log-jammed brain.

I listen to a HUGE variety of things, and my education has sensitized me to accepting most things as long as they are reasonable and not damaging.

So many different people, so many different ways of hearing: how could anyone be a SNOB? The only points I generated concerned quality of gear. After all, you do want to hear what you're listening to with some "quality". But there weren't that many questions about THAT in this test!

Of course if you're a Vinyl fanboy then you're going to score higher. But not necessarily three of four times higher. You can be into vinyl and not be snobbish about it.

Enjoy the music; it's all around you!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/how...c-nerd-are-you

I couldn't access your LINK, so here's another version. Hmmmm....the address seems exactly the same but your link does NOT work for me and mine does?

cnh
    Last edited by cnh; 04-15-2014 at 01:14 PM.
    Onkyo TX-SR 805 System #1 HT AVR
    Office Two Channel: LSi-7s (Nakamichi CA-5, NAD 214, Pioneer BDP51fd)
    Vintage Polks: Polk Monitor 5As, Monitor 7Bs [HK 730], Monitor 10As [Marantz 2265], SDA-2Bs [Jolida JD-303, Jolida MV-MK4]
    Headphones: HD600, Q701, ATH-M50s etc. Bravo Audio Ocean amp., Onkyo P-304, Adcom GFA-555, Technics Direct Drive TT

23 here.

Member Sales Rating: (8)

Name:  pic_12160753798727.jpg
Views: 927
Size:  26.0 KB
    "Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music." ~ Ronald Reagan

"I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." ~ Johnny Cash

I wanted to be higher but 19 it is. I suck at being an audio snob.

Cheers Roger

How Much Of A Music Snob Are You?

You checked off 38 out of 100 on this list!
    Touchstone
    You’re a major music nerd, and most people in your life consider you to be an expert. You’re very committed, but there’s some lines you don’t cross.
    Rogue Audio 99 Magnum/McCormack DNA 500 and 250,McCormack LD-2 pre,Polk SDA SRS 3.1TL's, Paradigm Studio 100's ,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT/Technics SL-1200Mk2,Ortofon Cadenza Red/MIT Speaker cables,Alpha Core Python Speaker cables,MIT interconnects,Van Den Hul interconnects /Yamaha RX-A2000

Wow...I am pretty much the Jack Black character from High Fidelity...
    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    I may have an addiction... RTA-15TL, SDA 2, LSi25, LSi15, LSi9, LSi7, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LS/FX, RT/FX, DSW MP2000...and that's just the Polks...

36 here
    Family Room HT 7.1:
    Pioneer Elite VSX 32 Pioneer Elite BDP 95FD Pioneer Elite DV 47Ai Pioneer Elite MD53 SlimDevice Transporter Panamax M5300-EX
    Living room 2ch:
    Integra ADM 2.1 Teac EQ MKII Squeezebox Touch Fluance SX Speakers
    Upstaris media room:
    Pioneer VSX D510 Sony PS3 Squeezebox Classic 3 Polkaudio speakers Monitor 40 II fronts CSR Center
    Master bedroom:
    Pioneer VSX 520k Pioneer BDP 330 Squeezebox Classic 3 Optimus LX5 fronts & Rears Optimus CS3 center Acoustic Audio sub

Member Sales Rating: (2)

32 - I was doin' pretty badly (or is that "pretty well"?) 'til I hit those 'vinyl' questions...
    all the best,
    mrh

Don't feel that I'm a snob...I got 28/100. Some of those questions were intense...I love music but I'm not that over the top.
    FAMILY ROOM
    TV - Mitsubishi WD-73734 73" DLP 1080P | AVR - Pioneer Elite SC-65 | Source - Sony PS3 Slim 320GB | Front - PolkAudio RT3000p | Center -PolkAudio CS400i | Surround - PolkAudio F/X1000 | Sub - DIY Stereo Integrity HT 15 | Sub Amp - Behringer EUROPOWER EP2500

2 Ch Dreaming...hoping to purchase, build someday
    OPPO 105 | Squeezbox Touch | Odyssey, or HALO A21 amp | DIY Statements towers

I matched Danny, 26...

You checked off 42 out of 100 on this list!

You’re a major music nerd, and most people in your life consider you to be an expert. You’re very committed, but there’s some lines you don’t cross.

Member Sales Rating: (16)

39 for me

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.

Quote Originally Posted by mhardy6647 View Post
    32 - I was doin' pretty badly (or is that "pretty well"?) 'til I hit those 'vinyl' questions...
    Exact same score and reason as you!!
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Squeezebox Duet; Oppo BDP-83
    Amps: PS Audio GCPH; PS Audio DLIII(Cullen mods IV); Parasound Halo P3; B & K Reference 200.2
    Speakers: Polk - LSi15's(db sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave (In Progress)
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Sorry cnh,got a 13 but your description and the way I listen are the same

Member Sales Rating: (2)

Quote Originally Posted by hochpt21 View Post
    Exact same score and reason as you!!
    Were I you, I wouldn't admit that just anywhere! ;-)
    all the best,
    mrh

29 (kill me)
    Counterpoint SA1000 hybrid tube preamp, SUMO Andromeda amplifier, Acoustat Spectra 1100 Electrstatic hybrid speakers, HSU HRSW12-V subwoofer, NHT SA-2 Subwoofer amp, Rotel RCD-1070 CD, Thorens TD-160 TT, Mitchell Transcriptors Skeleton w/Vesigal arm TT

I got 32

Member Sales Rating: (12)

I get "page not Found".... I must be so snobby they won't even let me take the poll.
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Member Sales Rating: (12)

found it... 63 out of 100...
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.

"Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

Atta boy...
    2-channel
    Sources: Pro-ject 2.9 wood Grado Gold cartridge; Squeezebox Duet; Oppo BDP-83
    Amps: PS Audio GCPH; PS Audio DLIII(Cullen mods IV); Parasound Halo P3; B & K Reference 200.2
    Speakers: Polk - LSi15's(db sub mod)

HT
    Amps: Sony - STR-DG1000; Outlaw 200 Mono; Speakers: Polk - CS2, Monitor 70's, RC80i's; Video: Optoma HD20; FAVI HD-100

Man Cave (In Progress)
    Sources: Sony PS-LX410, Denon 3910; Amps: Dared sl2000a, HK 3490, Simaudio Moon LP3; Speakers: Polk - SDA 2A's

Excellent!! Right where I want to be!

You checked off 4 out of 100 on this list!

There is no doubt that you’re waaaay into music, but you’re not TOTALLY intense about it. Like, you probably have other interests and a well-rounded life. There’s no shame in that!
    Sunfire TGP III PrePro, Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature 405wpc 5 ch. Amp, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Onkyo TA2600 Tape Deck, Pioneer Elite 47-A DVD, Sony 32" XBR TV, Polk RTA-8T Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, Boston PV-600 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers

I got 29.

Also, you can locate the list on the initial link by clicking the "search" link next to the name of the list on the page that states "Page Not Found" at the top.

Scored a 5.

Received the same comment as cfrizz.

On the good side, I now have proof that I really should go no where near the rabbit hole.

How Much Of A Music Snob Are You?
    You checked off 7 out of 100 on this list!

Fox Searchlight
    There is no doubt that youíre waaaay into music, but youíre not TOTALLY intense about it. Like, you probably have other interests and a well-rounded life. Thereís no shame in that!

I keep starting at the top to see Ricks nerdy girl,shes a cutie.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
    Excellent!! Right where I want to be!

You checked off 4 out of 100 on this list!

There is no doubt that you’re waaaay into music, but you’re not TOTALLY intense about it. Like, you probably have other interests and a well-rounded life. There’s no shame in that!
    I got a 10 with the same message as cfrizz.
    Family Room
    Cambridge Audio Azur 840C CD Player, King Cobra XLRs
    Perreaux SM6P MKII Preamp, AQ Sky XLRs
    Perreaux Prisma 750 Amps, Morrow SP7 Cables
    SDA SRS 1.2as (RD0194s, Dreadnought, Black Hole 5, Acousta-Stuf, Dynamat Extreme, JBWeld. Vr3 Mods: Xovers & Binding Post Cups, SDA Inductors & Interconnect Cables)

Exercise Room
    Wadia 171i, Supernova 6 Glass Toslink
    CA Azur 840C, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Perreaux SM6P Preamp & PMF3150 Amp, AQ King Cobra RCAs
    Dreadnought
    SDA 1Cs (Mod'd)

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Quote Originally Posted by nooshinjohn View Post
    I get "page not Found".... I must be so snobby they won't even let me take the poll.
    Apparently we are both pros at it. Page not found as well.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

HMMMmm. I got 32 as well. Maybe that is the nerd sweet spot.

Member Sales Rating: (26)

Like John, I ended up finding it. Not too sure about the results though. Here's what I got...

You checked off 37 out of 100 on this list! Youíre a major music nerd, and most people in your life consider you to be an expert. Youíre very committed, but thereís some lines you donít cross.

I don't think I would consider myself a major music nerd. Lightman1 or most DEFINITELY George Daniels perhaps but my music knowledge is dwarfed exponentially by these two guys. In fact, Russ (Lightman1) is my "go-to" guy when I'm listening to a song and I have no clue who it is. 98% of the time he knows who it is and off of what album off the top of his head. To me, that's a major music nerd and I'm still in romper room comparatively speaking to these two cats. I'd be elated to have even 10% of the knowledge these two gentlemen have. I laugh at the expert comment provided. Knowledgeable perhaps, expert? I think not. More like somewhat of an advanced novice IMO.

I do agree with not crossing certain lines. They nailed that one spot on.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

"The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction". - Kenneth Swauger

Thread Information