Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sunfire CRM

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Default Sunfire CRM

Before you buy Sunfire CRM2s, you might wanna check this out…

I’ve been in the market for these little speakers for some time, but always try and do as much research as possible. If you’re an online shopper like me, you’ll probably check Ebay or any other online vendor that comes up in your search results (in addition to Videogon and Audiogon –I’ll elaborate on that later).

DigitalCraze.com and ElegantAudioVideo.com will usually be the two online vendors that come up. Unfortunately, they’re all apart of Uncle’s Stereo in New York that sells “new” products that are actually used, stolen, or have scratched-out serial numbers. Though they all have “great” return policies, they still screw you by charging VERY HIGH restocking and order cancellation fees.

Unfortunately, these products may be circulating on Audiogon, Videogon, and Ebay because the new owners are trying to get rid of their “new” Sunfires that may be defective.

To double check, I contacted Kim in the Marketing Department of Sunfire. She explained that one of the only online vendors that are authorized in selling Sunfire products is:

Ebay Username: Corvette 62005

Here’s a link to his ebay profile for those of you in the market of Sunfire products.

http://myworld.ebay.com/corvettec62005/

Here’s a list of Uncle’s Stereo websites that have been copied and pasted from the Internet:

AbsoluteAudioVideo.com
    AboutGizmos.com
    AllHomeTheater.com
    AllHomeTheater.net
    Audio and Vision store on Shopping.com
    AuthenticHomeTheater.com
    CraftwoodCustom.com
    ElegantAudioVideo.com
    DependableAudioVideo.com
    DigitalCraze.com
    HomeTheaterByTheSea.com
    NewYorkWholesaleAudioVideo.com
    ReliableAudioVideo.com
    Reliable Audio Video on Yahoo Shopping

PlazaAudio.com – currently not active
    ReelAudioVideo.com – currently not active
    SpeedAndSound.com – currently not active
    TheWorldOfTheater.com – currently not active
    UncleStereo.com – currently “under construction”

Wow. I feel slimed just reading this.

Quote Originally Posted by TORI3 View Post
    DigitalCraze.com and ElegantAudioVideo.com will usually be the two online vendors that come up. Unfortunately, they’re all apart of Uncle’s Stereo in New York that sells “new” products that are actually used, stolen, or have scratched-out serial numbers. Though they all have “great” return policies, they still screw you by charging VERY HIGH restocking and order cancellation fees.
    Do you have any data to back your claim? I didn't think so.

I bought my Sony XA-5400ES SACD/CD from them for $1050 versus $1299 list. I bought my Bryston BDA-1 DAC from them for $1699 versus $1999 list. I bought my PSB Synchrony One center from them for $1375 versus $2000 list. All were in sealed factory cartons with zero damage. The Bryston, being hand built, was from the factory, as was the PSB speaker. Granted, they probably are in the gray area of retail, but stating they are selling stolen gear is pretty close to slander, or libel (I get the 2 confused).

Member Sales Rating: (31)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    I bought my Bryston BDA-1 DAC from them for $1699 versus $1999 list. .
    http://bryston.com/dealer.html
    Bryston does not authorize the sale of current products online.

When parties outside of the network of authorized Bryston dealers and distributors sell a Bryston product, Bryston will not honor warranties on those products.

Proof of purchase in the form of a copy of the bill of sale from an authorized Bryston Dealer/Distributor must be presented to obtain warranty service. (This applies only to product manufactured after February, 2006)

UNAUTHORIZED BRYSTON DEALERS

All Home Theater
    Dependable Audio Video
    Digital Craze
    Elegant Audio Video
    High End Zone
    Plasma Craze
    Surround City
    New York Wholesale Audio Video

We invite you to experience the Bryston SST2 Series amplifiers

20 Year Warranty -A Generation of Music
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    As I said, they are in a gray area. In the case of the Bryston, Digitalcraze worked with a brick and morter authorized dealer. The B&M store sent me the receipt for list price, Bryston sent the DAC, and Digital Craze got paid. Obviously, Digitalcraze paid a few dollars to the B&M store. It is a win win win for everyone. I save a few dollars, Bryston makes their wholesale price, and the B&M, along with DigitalCraze make a few dollars.

Of course, I didn't know any of this until I received a call from the B&M store saying my DAC was being shipped, and if I needed any help setting it up to give them a call. Great service. ;)

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I guess it would be better to buy new on these and make sure you get what you are paying for.
    Sunfire TGP, Sunfire Cinema Grand, Sunfire 300~2 (2), Sunfire True Sub (2),Carver ALS Platinum, Carver AL III, TFM-55, C-19, C-9, TX-8, SDA-490t, SDA-390t

Do you have any data to back your claim? I didn't think so.

I bought my Sony XA-5400ES SACD/CD from them for $1050 versus $1299 list. I bought my Bryston BDA-1 DAC from them for $1699 versus $1999 list. I bought my PSB Synchrony One center from them for $1375 versus $2000 list. All were in sealed factory cartons with zero damage. The Bryston, being hand built, was from the factory, as was the PSB speaker. Granted, they probably are in the gray area of retail, but stating they are selling stolen gear is pretty close to slander, or libel (I get the 2 confused).
    Blue,

That's great that you were able to get a great deal from DigitalCraze. I'm glad you chimed in. It might give future buyers some confidence.

Unfortunately, I wasn't talking about the Sony XA-5400ES, Bryston BDA-1 DAC, or the PSB Synchrony One. I was talking about the Sunfire CRMs.

Besides talking with two different people from Sunfire, they also told me to look at the following link on the Sunfire website. This link may address your concerns about me "slandering" Digital Craze. And, to clarify even more, I'm not dogging the entire company or the brands they provide, but I am critical of the Sunfire products they are supposedly providing to customers -- Sorry this wasn't clear enough the first time.

http://www.sunfire.com/unauthorized.asp

Here's a quick synopsis from the link:

There are a small number of non-authorized dealers which have come to our attention for their ability to acquire our products through surreptitious means and then resell them to unsuspecting customers. These products may be used, discontinued, stolen, or even counterfeit. It's not unusual for such dealers to deny responsibility for service problems or support issues. While there are others we have not yet discovered, the following are known to be non-authorized dealers

NON-Authorized Dealers:
    DEPENDABLE AUDIO VIDEO (www.dependableaudiovideo.com) is not an authorized Sunfire Dealer and we WILL NOT honor the manufacturer's warranty for purchases made on this site.

* absolutehometheater.com
    * allhometheater.com
    * audiophileliquidator.net
    * authentichometheater.com
    * bestofaudio.com
    * brandnamez.com
    * digitalcraze.com
    * dealtime.com
    * downtownaudio.com
    * downtownaudiohifi.com
    * elegantaudiovideo.com
    * hometheaterbythesea.com
    * palmbeachdigital.com
    * stoneaudio.co.uk
    * stores.ebay.com/Electronic-Superstore
    Last edited by TORI3; 09-10-2010 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Clarification and support

Member Sales Rating: (31)

As I said, they are in a gray area. In the case of the Bryston, Digitalcraze worked with a brick and morter authorized dealer. The B&M store sent me the receipt for list price, Bryston sent the DAC, and Digital Craze got paid. Obviously, Digitalcraze paid a few dollars to the B&M store. It is a win win win for everyone. I save a few dollars, Bryston makes their wholesale price, and the B&M, along with DigitalCraze make a few dollars.

Of course, I didn't know any of this until I received a call from the B&M store saying my DAC was being shipped, and if I needed any help setting it up to give them a call. Great service. ;)
    Great job supporting shady business practices.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Member Sales Rating: (13)

and for the record, libel is the correct term in regard to written falsehoods and slander for verbal =)

Jason
    2-Channel - So far...
    Pre: Dodd ELP
    DAC: W4S-Dac2
    Source(s): Computer and Denon 2910
    Amp: Parasound HCA-1200II
    Speakers: LSi9s - Vr3 Fortress Mod

Customer reviews of Digitalcraze.com via resellerratings.com:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/DigitalCraze

AVS thread concerning Digitalcraze.com:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1020950

I'm sure someone is going to try and attempt to nail me for "slander," but seriously...read the reviews and make your own decision. Information is power, especially in this digital age.

Last edited by TORI3; 10-04-2010 at 11:48 PM.

Thread Information