Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Resistors

Member Sales Rating: (27)

Default Resistors

I can not recommend Duelund resistors enough...

Mills? Pfffft

These things are incredible...
    www.Vr3Mods.com ///// www.Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

Member Sales Rating: (31)

You should try their Black Series or CAST caps. :D
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

lol - I just can't believe at how open these speakers are now and I thought they were awesome before. The highs and mids are like crystal... just incredible. Even though these resistors are expensive as hell - they are worth it and then some...

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

Member Sales Rating: (25)

Where are you using the Duelund's?

HT:Onkyo 805, Emotiva XPA-5, Mitsu 52" 1080p DLP / polkaudio RTi12, CSIa6, FXi3, uPro4K
    2-chnl : Pio DV-46AV (SACD), Dodd ELP, Emotiva XPA-1s, XPA-2, Odyssey Khartago, LSi9, SDA-SRS 2 , SB Duet, MSB & Monarchy DACs, Yamaha PX3 TT, SAE Tuner...
    Pool: Atrium 60's/45's

I am using it them in the tweeter and network crossover on my super towers.

So far I am really digging the difference and it was an immediate, positive change - not counting any break in.

Audiophile
    Member Sales Rating: (30)

Which resistors did you use? The Graphite or the Premium-CAST?

They're both graphite, but he's using the non-CAST.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Member Sales Rating: (5)

Who distributes the Duelund resistors? I checked the manufacturer out and they look interesting, but the recommended distributor list led me to an interesting vendor Percy Audio, but I could not find these products in their catalog.

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3 View Post
    Even though these resistors are expensive as hell - ...
    Wish I had the the budget to try them but for now I'll have to stick with complete xovers I'm assembling for the price of those resistors.:)
    Last edited by FTGV; 09-18-2010 at 10:46 AM.

You don't know what you're missing out Fred.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Quote Originally Posted by FTGV View Post
    Wish I had the the budget to try them but for now I'll have to stick with complete xovers I'm assembling for the price of those resistors.:)
    Yeah, these premium grade resistors and caps can get quite expensive. But I think they are worth the price if you are truly aiming for the best of the best in your speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    You don't know what you're missing out Fred.
    I think he knows but You gotta invite Fred over for a demo. :)
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone.

You're both more than welcome to swing by for a demo.

It is amazing how different everything sounds...

3-D, so tight, clean and accurate.

I am hooked - I may have to do those new caps on the tweeters to just to see whats up...

Wow

May?

Member Sales Rating: (49)

So Mike what caps would you mate these with in a set of SDA's?
    Hot Rodded SDA 1.2TL's, SDA 1C's, SDA CRS+'s...
    Powered By Wyred 4 Sound, STP-SE, SX-1000...
    MIT-Shotgun's ...

I've used Claritycap ESA's in SDA's and they sounded great. My favorites are Clarity MR and Duelund CAST, but I haven't used either in SDA's, yet.

There is someone here is should be installing MR's in his SRS 2's soon though.

I am pretty much 95% on the MR caps on the tweeter network - but it will take me a bit to justify that kind of money on some capacitors - particularly when it sounds so good right now...

Few months! :)

Member Sales Rating: (49)

I thought the Clarity MR's are hard to match the values of the caps in the SDA's?? I have an extra set of 1.2tl crossovers and want to use something else besides Sonicraft if possible.. I'm interested in your input and ideas..

Thanks!!
    Hot Rodded SDA 1.2TL's, SDA 1C's, SDA CRS+'s...