Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    Posts
    46

    Default Restoring SDA-1c

    Hello everyone, I have a pair of sda-1c's and im looking to update or restore them. I wanted to see what everybody thought. I want to replace the tops and bottom with Granite Tops/bottoms, and add a strip down the side like i believe the SRS series have. Do you all think it would look good or should i restore them back to original. I'm not selling them so dont even ask!:). Now, im only 23 so i like the shining blacks and extravegate styles, but im willing to do them original so they hold better value. Just wanted some thoughts on the subject.

    Thank you Mitchell

  2. #2

    Member Sales Rating: (26)

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Salinas, CA
    Posts
    5,018

    Default

    I'm most positive that if you do a quick search on SDA's you'll find a ton of great stuff!

    First and foremost what others do is replace the stock resistors/caps on the crossover. Replace the SL2000 tweeters with RD0-194's, make sure you have a good seal between cabinet and drivers, and spiking them.

    The rest, all aesthetics so that'll be up to you.

    Kind of miss my 1C's, what style do you have? And what else are you running with them?

    -Freddy
    Truck setup
    Alpine 9856
    Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

    For Sale
    Polk SR6500
    Polk SR5250
    Polk SR104



    Quote Originally Posted by heiney9 View Post
    Any clue how to use the internet? Found it in about 10 sec.

  3. #3

    Member Sales Rating: (12)

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    http://audiomilitia.proboards.com
    Posts
    12,388

    Default

    I did the strip down the side and they looked great. When you can, pm me your email and I will forward some pictures to you...
    HT Setup... Pioneer Elite SC-37, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TL's , Oppo BDP 93
    Two Channel... Carver Statement 450~1 Vacuum Tube Monoblocks, Dodd Mid-line Tube Linestage with Psvane 12Ax7 tubes, Pioneer Pdd 9Mk II SACD Player, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable with Sumiko BPS EvoIII, Polk Audio SDA-SRS 1.2TLs.


    "Everything we have fought for has been lost, and everything we fought against, we have become...."

  4. #4

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Ive done the RDO-194 upgrade . spiked/dynamated/mortile, Haven't touched the crossover yet just replace the polyswitch, Kind of scared to mess with the crossover. Plus i really didn't like the new tweets, but im giving them time to break in.

    Im running them with a Parasound Halo A21/ AQ CV-4 cables

  5. #5

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NW Indianapolis Indiana
    Posts
    9,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valentine View Post
    Hello everyone, I have a pair of sda-1c's and im looking to update or restore them. I wanted to see what everybody thought. I want to replace the tops and bottom with Granite Tops/bottoms, and add a strip down the side like i believe the SRS series have. Do you all think it would look good or should i restore them back to original. I'm not selling them so dont even ask!:). Now, im only 23 so i like the shining blacks and extravegate styles, but im willing to do them original so they hold better value. Just wanted some thoughts on the subject.

    Thank you Mitchell
    Hows Lawton? Had a buddy that used to do the news there for a few years....
    Advice is free, the Flea Market is earned - F1Nut

    Main HT: APC H15 | Pio 51FD | Uverse DVR | Xbox 360 | Squeezebox Classic | Integra DTR 5.9 | Carver AV-705x & M1.0t MKII Opt002 | LSi 15 | LSiC | LSi F/x | Kimber Hero IC & 8VS SC

    Office Rig: Win 7 -> DacMagic w/ Pangea PSU | Pro-ject Debut III | Sunfire TGP-II | Parasound HCA-750ii | Polk RTA 11TL | Cables TBA

    Bedroom: Uverse DVR | Roku 2 | Samsung LCD | SurroundBar 2000

    Sales Rating
    Gear

  6. #6

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    At the golf course eating mushrooms!
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valentine View Post
    Ive done the RDO-194 upgrade . spiked/dynamated/mortile, Haven't touched the crossover yet just replace the polyswitch, Kind of scared to mess with the crossover. Plus i really didn't like the new tweets, but im giving them time to break in.

    Im running them with a Parasound Halo A21/ AQ CV-4 cables
    Not to toot my own horn :o but as far as doing the crossovers check out this thread start at post #13 the bare board might be available in the near future.
    "Peace, Love and ICBM's"
    "50% Why... That's almost half."
    "I know, I'm sick and need help."
    ----
    www.gimpod.com
    ----
    "The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction." ~ Kenneth Swauger

  7. #7

    Member Sales Rating: (0)

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lawton, Oklahoma
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Lawton is Lawton, not much coming or going. but its home atleast i have my SDA's

  8. #8

    Member Sales Rating: (6)

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gim54pod View Post
    Not to toot my own horn :o but as far as doing the crossovers check out this thread start at post #13 the bare board might be available in the near future.
    Def. look at Gim's handy work.

    Great stuff.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Restoring my Pioneer system....
    By Lorthos in forum 2 Channel Audio
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-17-2009, 05:38 AM
  2. restoring vinyl
    By honda cber in forum 2 Channel Audio
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 02:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts