Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (24)

Default Adcom GFA-7805 / 7807

Adcom GFA-7805 / 7807

anyone have these amps or have input on them?
    mole'

Member Sales Rating: (41)

I'd pass on the newer model HT Adcoms. Look at the rotel 1095

Quote Originally Posted by leroyjr1 View Post
    ok, ill check it out. Thx
    mole'

Member Sales Rating: (1)

Quote Originally Posted by leroyjr1 View Post

why?
    Adcom GFP-750, Adcom GFR-700, Adcom GFA-5802, Jolida JD100, polk LSi15, polk LSiC, polk LSiFX, Velodyne Impact 12, APC H15, Sony KDL-60EX500, Sony BDP-S570, Pangea, MIT

Member Sales Rating: (41)

Quote Originally Posted by acmf74 View Post
    why?

There's better amps out there for cheaper that has better SQ.

Member Sales Rating: (19)

I have the Adcom 7605 in my bedroom HT system. SQ is just fine running Polk RTi70/CSi40/RTi38 speakers.
    DKG999
    -----------------------------------------
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC

anyone else have input on these?

or something close to it
    mole'

Member Sales Rating: (1)

I prefer older Adcom stuff to the newer stuff but will second Leroy and say Rotel or even B&K.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Smith View Post
    WOW!

That's like working your way through Katie Perry in order to get to Rosie O'Donnell.

Banned
    Member Sales Rating: (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe08867 View Post
    I prefer older Adcom stuff to the newer stuff but will second Leroy and say Rotel or even B&K.
    Be warned B&K is in receivership. ATI is taking them over however.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Tried both Adcom GFA-7807, Rotel RMB-1095, Parasound HCA-2205 at the same time side by side.

Sold Rotel. Kept Adcom, and using Parasound.

Reason? I got all around LSi for HT. Rotel needs a lot of ventilation and protection circuit will trips frequently for driving 4 ohms load LSi at high volume and I have tight space for it. You need lots of ventilation for this amp. Some Heatsinks are internal in this amp so it can get HOT very quickly if the ventilation around it is poor.

I also have RTi speakers (RTi12) and it sounds better with Adcom than the para.

My finding is that if you use LSi, Go Para. If you use RTi series, go Adcom. Later Adcom amps are not harsh, not edgy like some of the older ones. It's also on the warm side and great bass control.

If you have plenty of room for the amp, use Rotel. It's nice sounding and great looking amp. Rotel Sound quality is not inferior to that of Adcom or Parasound. It's more like what matches better for your speakers.

Flip your coin and you won't go wrong with either one.
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone.

Member Sales Rating: (6)

Quote Originally Posted by mole' View Post
    Adcom GFA-7805 / 7807

anyone have these amps or have input on them?
    I looked at those as I was looking for new amps for my hometheather/2 channel hybrid system. I went with B&K Ref in the end. I will say that I think these adcoms require a 20 amp circuit to run from my research. I have that but I know some people don't so just FYI. On the used market the rotel, b&k and adcoms with the same specs go for around the same amount so it all depends on which one sounds best for u.

Member Sales Rating: (4)

Quote Originally Posted by rdb2001 View Post
    I looked at those as I was looking for new amps for my hometheather/2 channel hybrid system. I went with B&K Ref in the end. I will say that I think these adcoms require a 20 amp circuit to run from my research. I have that but I know some people don't so just FYI. On the used market the rotel, b&k and adcoms with the same specs go for around the same amount so it all depends on which one sounds best for u.
    Yep and good point! Adcom said it requires 20A circuit for the 7807 but I found it never really trips the breaker at even high volume. I guess Adcom suggested it for the safe protection of the amp and other devices.

Having said that, 20A circuit is a must if you use your amp and speakers at 300W full power. For normal listening and HT, I think it's fine to share 20A circuit with an AVR or something which doesn't require a lot of power such as DVD or BluRay Player. But I wouldn't put it on the same circuit with the Huge LCD or Plasma screen.

I found there is no sonic advantage I can hear when I tried 7807 in a dedicated 20A circuit. I guess I didn't crank up high enough or it simply is the same.

B&K also make excellent amps and I have tried older B&K amps.

I guess there are plenty of choices but the person must hear it with his own ears to choose what he really likes. Synergy and Experiments required at this point than opinions.
    Trying out Different Audio Cables is a Religious Affair. You don't discuss it with anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by megasat16 View Post
    Tried both Adcom GFA-7807, Rotel RMB-1095, Parasound HCA-2205 at the same time side by side.

Sold Rotel. Kept Adcom, and using Parasound.

Reason? I got all around LSi for HT. Rotel needs a lot of ventilation and protection circuit will trips frequently for driving 4 ohms load LSi at high volume and I have tight space for it. You need lots of ventilation for this amp. Some Heatsinks are internal in this amp so it can get HOT very quickly if the ventilation around it is poor.

I also have RTi speakers (RTi12) and it sounds better with Adcom than the para.

My finding is that if you use LSi, Go Para. If you use RTi series, go Adcom. Later Adcom amps are not harsh, not edgy like some of the older ones. It's also on the warm side and great bass control.

If you have plenty of room for the amp, use Rotel. It's nice sounding and great looking amp. Rotel Sound quality is not inferior to that of Adcom or Parasound. It's more like what matches better for your speakers.

Flip your coin and you won't go wrong with either one.
    some good info there. thanks
    mole'

Thread Information