Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store
+ Reply to Thread

Member Sales Rating: (0)

Talking did i get lucky?

Wondering if I got lucky? Found a cd of one of my favorite acoustic groups " acoustic alchemy" and after the first song I was amazes by the dymanics and sound quality it was far, far better than a reg. Cd . Upon inspecting the lable I noticed it was marked " digital master" not digilaly mastered like most are. Is this possible like old vynal " master recordings" that were first pressings and not used to duplicate but sold as a master recording at around 40.00 bucks instead of the std. Pricing of 6.00 bucks for a reg. Alblem in the day? The sound is truly incredible! Just courious.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a
    McIntosh MC 2120 bi-amped
    Into JBL L123 drivers
    Rane external crossover.
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    ADCOM GDA 700 DAC ( MODDED)
    YAMMY CDC-665
    Marantz 6100 tt w/pickering XV-15/625E cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    POLK RTA-12C'S W/ RDO194 TWEETS, clarity ESA caps mills risistors (full mod)
    MIT exps2 speaker cable

I'm not quite sure what you mean sf1, but digital 'anything' was a catch phrase in the 80's (what's the copyright date on it?) they put digital this and digital that on lot's of things, even coffee makers :tongue:, there should be a website to look up the matrix numbers (those are around the spindle hole) and see what you've got.
    Huh? Wot?? Dig it :tongue:

Where can I get me some??

Member Sales Rating: (20)

Glad you like the CD, but it's just a CD. Some are mastered better than others but at the end of the day they're all still CDs and limited by the constraints on that format.

Although there's some debate and some people who claim that ripping and burning a new CD will sound better than the purchased disc because they claim that the stamping process can reduce the SQ of a CD, it's not like the old days with vinyl.

With vinyl there were multiple factors. You could have two different companies pressing the same album with very different end results. You also had the idea of virgin vinyl vs using vinyl from recycled albums. Then of course you have the stamping process and the fact that albums created early in a run would often sound better than albums created at the end of a run, especially with studios who tried to cut corners.

Most of that is gone with CDs now. I suspect you've just got an album that's recorded and mastered very well.
    Main HT
    Magnepan 1.6QR fronts, POlk R15 surrounds, Pioneer SC-25, Parasound Halo A23, Oppo BDP-105, Panasonic TC-P60ZT60, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Bedroom System
    Polk Blackstone TL3, Polk PSWi225 Wireless Sub, HK 3490 Integrated, Oppo BDP-103, Sharp Aquos 32" TV, Apple TV

Office Rig
    27" iMac w/Amarra, AudioQuest Dragonfly 1.2, Focal XS Book, Schiit Valhalla, Cypher Labs Theorem 720, Philips Fidelio X1, Sennheiser HD600, HiFiMan HE-500, B&W P7, LG 47LM7600, Sony PS3, Apple TV

Don't disagree just find it courious that out of 70 cds that say " digitaly mastered" vs one that sais " digital master" and that ONE just happenes to sound completly diff than all the rest. The old " if it looks like a duck thing. Just find it courious.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a
    McIntosh MC 2120 bi-amped
    Into JBL L123 drivers
    Rane external crossover.
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    ADCOM GDA 700 DAC ( MODDED)
    YAMMY CDC-665
    Marantz 6100 tt w/pickering XV-15/625E cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    POLK RTA-12C'S W/ RDO194 TWEETS, clarity ESA caps mills risistors (full mod)
    MIT exps2 speaker cable

Thread Information