Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801

Vist our Online Store

Member Sales Rating: (11)

Default WTB: Metallica DCC 24k Gold CD's

There are two DCC "remastered" Metallica Discs out there. I am most interested in the [B]Master of Puppets[/B] CD but I also wouldn't mind the [B]Ride the Lightning[/B] album.

I have been looking in every store in my area for these CD's and they don't seem to exist any more!

Does anyone have either of these that they would be willing to sell, or at least send me a CD-R copy (shhh, don't tell Lars! ;) ) so that I could take a listen? I would like to hear if there is a big difference.

It would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks,
    Troy
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15

Member Sales Rating: (1)

[QUOTE]There are two DCC "remastered" Metallica Discs out there. I am most interested in the Master of Puppets CD but I also wouldn't mind the Ride the Lightning album. [/QUOTE]
    Hey Troy, I have Ride the Lightning on vinyl if you are interested - Let's Make A Deal ----- ;)
    Scott
    PS3 and HD Front Projection, life is good. Too bad Blu-Ray and the PS3 are already obsolete.....

I would say hook me up with the RtL vinyl but a co-worker told about a used record store he found here so I am going there tomorrow and I'm sure I'll blow enough money as it is! :eek:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by scottvamp [/i]
    [B]Hey Troy, I have Ride the Lightning on vinyl if you are interested - Let's Make A Deal ----- ;)
    Scott [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the offer. I don't have a anything to play the vinyl on so I would only be buying for the pure coolness factor alone... what kind of shape is it in? what kind of price are we talking?

I'd still prefer the Gold remastered CD's if anyone can help me out...
    Sony KDL-40V2500 HDTV, Rotel RSX-1067 Receiver, Sony BDP-S550 Blu-ray, Slim Devices Squeezebox, Polk RTi6, CSi3 & R15, DIY sub with Atlas 15

Member Sales Rating: (58)

Are you talking about the "Ultradisc" they were gold and remastered cd's.......I have the Police and Pink Floyd on Ultradisc and they sound pretty damn good.

I'm talking about this:

[IMG]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00000JCRH.01._PE_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg[/IMG]

Member Sales Rating: (13)

Search eBay under "dcc cd." They come up all the time, you just have to watch it everyday. The quality of DCC gold disc's is vastly superior to redbook cd's.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

The record store I'm going to has cd's too. I will look to see if they have any there.

Thanks guys! I'll keep plugging away on ebay and music stores.

Member Sales Rating: (13)

These are all long out of print, you will not find them in a music store.
    'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Member Sales Rating: (0)

i think he means used music stores

I figured they wouldn't be in most stores, but I check in any and all stores just in case I get lucky. I do check used stores more though...

Thanks again guys, keep your eyes open for me!

Yeah, I was at the used music store, but they didn't have any of the 24k Metallica cd's there.

Thanks for looking fireshoes!

I got a bite from a guy over at the HT forum. He has both of the 24K DCC discs that he is offering to me. Hopefully this works out!

Thanks again guys!

Thread Information